Essentials Travel Protection??

libertyschool

I received an email which appears to be from NCL promoting a new travel protection policy available after final payment for $25 per person called Essentials Travel Protection. I can't find any information about it on the NCL website. I'm not sure it is legit. I will be calling NCL later today but was just wondering if anyone received this email?

It's not really new and has been offered by NCL as a low-cost, bare minmum option (been discussed here before) vs. variety of plan/options offered by third party insurance companies & brokers, and the "regular" & premium plans also offered by NCL.

Our BIL/SIL choose to take us "Essential" package about 3X as they sailed from homeport, so trip interruption not a big consideration - compare & know what you are buying.

Call NCL and inform the call center agent, and they will add it and process payment promptly, with immediate email confirmation - updated listing as part of the eDoc when you logged in.

We purchase other trip insurance on top of coverage via our credit card's included protection ... and, it's better than having zero travel protection. Granted, this is very basic, essential & limited in scope.