MTD, dinner reservations, and Diamond status

This is our first cruise doing MTD. All our previous cruises we did the "early seating."

I have not made any reservations for the dining room or speciality restaurants yet. I honestly don't want to because I just cant stand to think I have to plan so far ahead about what and when i'll eat dinner in 4 months!

Will we be at a disadvantage if we just walk up to the maitre'd every night? Maybe we'll try a speciality here and there but we arent foodies and dont really care unless its amazing italian food. thats the only thing we usually spend extra $ on.

And am I correct in understanding that as Diamond members, we get some sort of priority seating on the wait list?

This is our first cruise doing MTD.

And am I correct in understanding that as Diamond members, we get some sort of priority seating on the wait list?

No priority for Diamonds for MTD. On some ships suite guests get priority but not Upper Tier Guests.:(

The priority seating is if you are on a wait list for early seating, late seating or my time dining. If you were on a wait list for any of those, you would be given some priority others on the wait list.

If you have my time dining, that is a choice and showing up with or without reservations, you will still follow those in the appropriate line to be seated.

The priority seating is if you are on a wait list for early seating, late seating or my time dining. If you were on a wait list for any of those, you would be given some priority others on the wait list.

If you have my time dining, that is a choice and showing up with or without reservations, you will still follow those in the appropriate line to be seated.

ok this makes more sense. thank you!