Cash Deposited As OBC

GA Dave

So, I have searched the various threads about credit card pre-auths, debit card auths, etc., but just want to make sure of the rules for a different option. If we add cash to our existing OBC account upon boarding, will they use the non-refundable OBC we received for booking and excursion credits before tapping into the cash deposit? And I would assume that any cash deposit not used is fully refunded at the end of the cruise from the Guest Services desk? Just wondering if this may be a better option than the endless string of re-authorizations I have read in other threads.

So, I have searched the various threads about credit card pre-auths, debit card auths, etc., but just want to make sure of the rules for a different option. If we add cash to our existing OBC account upon boarding, will they use the non-refundable OBC we received for booking and excursion credits before tapping into the cash deposit? And I would assume that any cash deposit not used is fully refunded at the end of the cruise from the Guest Services desk? Just wondering if this may be a better option than the endless string of re-authorizations I have read in other threads.

On the Sky in June we had OBC from our TA. Then we added cash. NCL used our OBC first (we only had food on our account) then the cash. The remaining cash they handed back to us with a receipt.

On the Sky in June we had OBC from our TA. Then we added cash. NCL used our OBC first (we only had food on our account) then the cash. The remaining cash they handed back to us with a receipt.

Thanks! That helps.

It doesn't work like that.

You will have a pot of credits. NCL will use the credits up as needed. At the end of the cruise if there is any credit left it will come back to you, UNLESS everything that you spent money on had to be paid in real currency, like the DSC. If by the end of the cruise you have not used up the the pot, and the balance is more than the sum of the refundable OBC, and any cash you put in then you would not get the OBC back. NCL tries to use non refundable OBC first.

It doesn't work like that.

You will have a pot of credits. NCL will use the credits up as needed. At the end of the cruise if there is any credit left it will come back to you, UNLESS everything that you spent money on had to be paid in real currency, like the DSC. If by the end of the cruise you have not used up the the pot, and the balance is more than the sum of the refundable OBC, and any cash you put in then you would not get the OBC back. NCL tries to use non refundable OBC first.

It sounds like you just explained the same thing... :-/

Sent from my iPad using Forums