Just Off Oasis- "Stream of Consciousness" Review

Pool deck rant!!!!

The towel signs out system is the biggest piece of nonsense I have EVER seen in cruising. And once there is aLINE, and I need to stand in a LINE to obtain or return a towel, I get verycranky. And IF you don’t get your countright, a $25 per towel charge. Give me abreak!

I’m guessing those towels cost Royalmaybe five bucks bought in bulk. Here’sa suggestion: Jack every single cruisefair by $12 and don’t waste my time with this nonsense again! Okay, I feel much better now.

Also agree with this. One thing i did like was that when you got off the ship, they had a place to check towels out to take with you into port. then when you get back to the ship just check it back in before you get back on. there was never a line like there was on the pool deck.

A little context: Traveled with a party of twelve. Myself and my wife in one oceanviewbalcony stateroom. Her four kids (age12-17), each with a friend the same age split between two boardwalk balconystaterooms across the hall. Her parentsin an ocean view stateroom two doors down.

Any problems encountered taking minors who were not your own kids?

Any problems encountered taking minors who were not your own kids?

Good question!

We were very proactive. I wrote up a consent form for each of the kids parents to sign. It gave explicit consent for my wife and myself to take the children on this trip, listing the specific itinerary (flight from Boston to Orlando, stay at Marriott, Oasis of The Seas Aug 5 through 12, listed each port, etc...). In addition, it granted us the parents permission to act as guardian for the children with regards to giving consent, signing waivers, accepting financial responsibility, and pursuing and obtaining medical care.

We had the forms all signed and notarized.

We were never asked for them at boarding. Go figure!

I did use them twice on board. Once at Guest services to obtain spare keys to their rooms. The agent said she couldn't give them because the names didn't match. I showed her the paperwork, and not only did she give me the keys, but she was so impressed with it, she showed her colleague at the desk, who looked at it and said "Wow, this is great!":cool:

My wife used it to move one of the kids from one level to another within the teen club (her birthday was during the cruise), as well.

So, better to be prepared!

The Stateroom:

Standardocean view balcony staterooms on deck 10 (10700 & 10704). Again, in good condition, no real wear andtear issues. Both bed by balcony, which Ialways assumed I preferred. But now I’m not so sure. I felt like the other half (by the closet)was a bit cooler (A/C vent is over that part of room and some radiant heat frombalcony came into play). Again, not toowarm in bed area, but not the coolest part of room.

Hi,

Thank you so much ��. Especially this info about the Balcony Cabin layout.

Do any of our Hosts here know if this is the set up of the Large Ocean View Balcony on Deck 10/HUMP??

:) Bobbi

We sail the 26th :hearteyes: !!!

The ocean view rooms with large balconies on the hump are the same as regular ocean view balconies. Same room, larger balcony. The bed locations alternate. We had three hump rooms in a row and they alternated. The ones that sleep 4 with a sofa bed - the sofa is by the balcony, bed by the closet.