Pre-Cruise - Barcelona

Mrs-Cruise

If you have never been to Barcelona then it definitely justifies 2 nights.

There is a very good HOHO bus network that gets you to see the major sights

The NeuCamp is a must for football fans.

Fabulous shopping if they are not!

The metro system is also very good for getting around.

Flights from England are only 1 1/2 hrs - so it takes no time at all. Many cabs outside the airport to run you into town.

A million hotels in Barcelona - I'd look for one in the region of Las Ramblas or around Placa Catalunya so you are close to the centre.

Even with kids I would visit places like the amazing Boqueria market to get a flavour of the real Spain.

And after the cruise making an 11.30/noon flight is very easy to do.

I agree with all of the above. I have never been on a cruise from Barcelona, but know the city reasonably well. A taxi from the airport has a set price and for four people is probably about the same cost as taking the Aerobus.

There is plenty to see and do in Barcelona, so 2-3 nights will easily be filled. Public transport is easy for getting around and taxis are not too expensive.

Look on the local tourist board website for booking any attractions directly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our ......I think I would have preferred to just do a 2-3 day prestay, so we could have just packed and went home from the ship.

Agreed, especially when travelling with children. You're pampered onboard. The minute you step off, you're looking for hotels/breakfast/lunch/dinner.

We were there in July. Stayed 3 nights at the AC Gava Mar, and excellent hotel on the beach with a great pool, great restaurant, beach access. However you will have to cab it to Barcelona and back. But it's probably worth it because the hotel is well-priced. Would go back without hesitation.

I would advise getting your flight the day before the cruise leaves, just to be sure that if any flight delay occurs, you will not miss your cruise.

When it comes to looking for hotels, the best thing to do is to put your dates into a hotel booking site like trivago or hotels.com/booking.com and seeing the best prices. That is the way I approach booking in any port/country I visit. You have to know the area you are interested in, but it has worked better than looking for individual hotels which may work out so much more expensive.

I would advise getting your flight the day before the cruise leaves, just to be sure that if any flight delay occurs, you will not miss your cruise.

When it comes to looking for hotels, the best thing to do is to put your dates into a hotel booking site like trivago or hotels.com/booking.com and seeing the best prices. That is the way I approach booking in any port/country I visit. You have to know the area you are interested in, but it has worked better than looking for individual hotels which may work out so much more expensive.

I do the same as you, by looking on booking.com. If I decide to book I prefer to go direct to hotel website. These days they often give a discount by booking direct.

Sent from my iPad using Forums