What would YOU do to make a honeymoon cruise special?

Uhfolks

Already in the works!

We actually have 2 of 4 "unplanned". In Grand Turk, we're going to wander over to Jack's Shack for the jerk chicken, because she's a massive Jamaican food fan. The rest of the day, we'll either just roam around on the beach, or head back to the ship. In San Juan, we'll almost definitely be staying on-board all day, unless for some reason, we're just sick of the ship at that point, haha.

Do not stay on the ship in San Juan. Get off the ship and walk down the pier. There will he vans lined up to take you on a city tour. It’s a beautiful city. It’s only like $15 pp and well worth it. We did his same itinerary for our 10 year anniversary and San Juan was one of my favorite ports. I am actually planning on flying back and staying a few days then doing the 7 day southern Caribbean. After he city tour they will drop you off and you can shop and eat. We went to Barrachina which claims to have invented the first pina coloada and it was amazing! Also you can get honeymoon cruise ship shirts made. You can order them off Etsy. We had 10 year shirts made and wore them the first day. Congrats and have a fabulous trip!! b08abeea829719ba2549946648e3afd5.jpg

Do not stay on the ship in San Juan. Get off the ship and walk down the pier. There will he vans lined up to take you on a city tour. It’s a beautiful city. It’s only like $15 pp and well worth it. We did his same itinerary for our 10 year anniversary and San Juan was one of my favorite ports. I am actually planning on flying back and staying a few days then doing the 7 day southern Caribbean. After he city tour they will drop you off and you can shop and eat. We went to Barrachina which claims to have invented the first pina coloada and it was amazing! Also you can get honeymoon cruise ship shirts made. You can order them off Etsy. We had 10 year shirts made and wore them the first day. Congrats and have a fabulous trip!!

Ahh, awesome advice, thank you! How long did the city tour take? We have to be back at the ship by 2:00 for some plans, but the ship arrives at 8:00. which would give us a solid 4 hours at the very least, with time built in for showering once we're back on board & any unexpected delays.

Play the Love and Marriage Game! Doing room service would be nice, too since it is no additional charge, except for a tip, maybe? I've never done it!

I definitely plan on showing up for that, no guarantee we'll be picked though. She has absolutely no filter, so it should make for an interesting time, haha. I've never used the room service either, but I'll have to try it out this cruise for sure.

I considered this, but I wanted to use the Steakhouse as a "break" from the MDR. Plus, we're doing a set dining time, so I didn't want to miss the first night of meeting who we'll be with for servers & other guests at the table.

We've already made each other promise we'll do karaoke at least once, haha. Neither of us have evevr done it before.

Congratulations! Karaoke sounds like a lot of fun. I love walking the outer decks in the evenings too (sometimes to walk off too big a dinner;)) but the view with the moon reflecting off the sea, or spotting another ship in the distance is very nice.

I requested a table by the window for the dining room, didn't ask for a 2 seater though. I'd much prefer a table that has a view of the ocean & isn't in the middle of the dining room with waiters & guests constantly shuffling around us. We're pretty social & having other people at the table certainly wouldn't be a bad thing in our book!

She's not too big on champagne, but I did get a few special things for our cabin that will be waiting there. I got Faster to the Fun as well, before the most recent price increase too! Thanks for the wishes :)

We are the same way for actually preferring dining with others - great idea to request a table by the window:D

FTTF will be a nice pampering splurge too.

Sounds like you have most of it covered, but a few more thoughts:

• San Juan is a port I'd want to explore some - check the ports of call boards if you need ideas for your limited time.
  • Sea Day Brunch and afternoon Tea Time are listed in the food and beverage sections, not events. These are both nice options.
  • Spa Room sounds very nice - esp. if you have a T. pool
  • If you are light drinkers (not getting Cheers but still like some), you can bring 1 bottle of wine per person (also 12 cans each of your preferred soft drink). There are some drink of the day specials, tastings, and samplers that can let you enjoy your drinks while lessening the sting of the bar bill;)
  • You will probably get picked on some for any event you attend if people know that you are on your honeymoon "why are you here and not in your cabin!"
  • There is likely some outside seating near the lido (there was on our ship). It can be more intimate than the main buffet area.

I think the term for the post-wedding dress was probably a "reception dress."

Ahh, awesome advice, thank you! How long did the city tour take? We have to be back at the ship by 2:00 for some plans, but the ship arrives at 8:00. which would give us a solid 4 hours at the very least, with time built in for showering once we're back on board & any unexpected delays.

The tour only took about 2-3 hours then we spent some time shopping and eating. when you get off the ship you can ask one of the drivers that are lined up how long you will be gone and they should be able to give you a definite time.

What I did to make a honeymoon cruise special....

When my son got married he said that they (man and woman..) wanted to cruise for their honeymoon. They picked the date, ship etc. and chose Carnival Legend 9 day from NY (2006). They had been on one cruise each and were not fussy. I told them I'd take care of it as part of a wedding gift and had about 8 months to plan.

I booked them a balcony and used the time I had to plan to make everything an experience leading up to the cruise...

Paid for them to get passports.

Bought them luggage that Christmas

Gave them gift cards to different stores to buy "cruise clothes.'

Paid for the limo to the port.

Did a "package" case with travel size things that I know they liked

Bought $500 OBC for them to spend and gave them cash for tips and other stuff.

There were probably a few other things too but it's been 12 years...so I forget...LOL

They loved every minute...:D:D

Wow! You are one generous parent!! I have a 50th Anniversary cruise booked in an inside cabin, and Im praying our children may pitch in and bump us up to a balcony, but that’s all wishful thinking! Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Forums