Pride of America Soda Package

johnrich

I know that normally NCL has a rule that if one person in the cabin purchases a beverage package then everyone must purchase the package. The POA doesn’t have Alcoholic beverage packages (at least for us from the USA) but does still offer the Soda package.

I would think this package would also require all cabin passengers to get it however I am noticing that when I try to prepurchase the package it is giving me the option to choose which passengers want it.

ab5250eb3b3ba7a14ecc0e85638a17f6.jpg

Does this mean we all don’t have to get the package? My mother and MIL do not drink soda at all so it would be a waste to buy the Soda package if we don’t have to. Just wondering if we choose the package for DW and I now if they will require us to add DM and MIL once we get on the ship.

I am hoping that someone who has actual experience with this situation will respond and not someone just assuming.

Thanks for your help.

Btw, we know that gratuity is added automatically to the $7.95/pppd. In fact when purchasing it here, as shown in the screen shot, the tips are included in the price of $66.78.

[i’ve posted this on the Hawaii board as well.]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we were on the POA I was the only one of the 4 of us cruising that bought the soda package beforehand online, so no - not everyone in the cabin has to get it. (unlike the UBP, which everyone in the cabin has to get - but the POA does not have the UBP!) I did have to stop at a bar upon boarding and get the sticker put on my card, though. Just make sure you bring your email confirmation of the purchase along, just in case.