5 hours in Nassau -- Looking to go to a beach

jamieann77

Cruising on the Equinox in October. It's a chartered cruise for my company with less hours at port than usual. We have about 6 hours one day at Key West (planning to just wander around town) and 5 hours in Nassau the next day. We'd like to relax on a beach! Haven't seen excursion options from Celebrity yet but we're open to getting to the beach on our own. WHICH beach though? All inclusive "day pass" would be nice to include drinks and food. But don't want to spend a lot since we won't be there long. Like $100 per person tops. Where should we go? It's not our first cruise but it is our first time to the Bahamas.

We visited Nassau on a cruise this past January.

We took a cab to Cabbage Beach (maybe 15 minutes depend son traffic over the bridge)and hung out there for a couple hours, then went to Junkanoo Beach (as it is closer to the cruise port - walking distance for us - aprox 15 minutes depending on pace) and they have Tiki Bikini Hut there for drinks and facilities.

Cabbage Beach was beautiful, but we enjoyed the fun games and entertainment at Junkanoo Beach (the beach sand has many pebbles getting into the water).

This site shows you options for day passes at various resorts.

http://www.resortforaday.com/Nassau-Day-Pass-s/1826.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp83J6_iN3QIVnrjACh3QhwJ0EAAYAyAAEgKNmfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMTS_O34jd0CFU11AQodu8MA_g

I hope this helps!

Thank you, Wendy! Great info

We visited Nassau on a cruise this past January.

We took a cab to Cabbage Beach (maybe 15 minutes depend son traffic over the bridge)and hung out there for a couple hours, then went to Junkanoo Beach (as it is closer to the cruise port - walking distance for us - aprox 15 minutes depending on pace) and they have Tiki Bikini Hut there for drinks and facilities.

Cabbage Beach was beautiful, but we enjoyed the fun games and entertainment at Junkanoo Beach (the beach sand has many pebbles getting into the water).

This site shows you options for day passes at various resorts.

http://www.resortforaday.com/Nassau-Day-Pass-s/1826.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp83J6_iN3QIVnrjACh3QhwJ0EAAYAyAAEgKNmfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMTS_O34jd0CFU11AQodu8MA_g

I hope this helps!

We got a day pass at the Warwick, Paradise Island last October. Very quiet adults only resort. Beautiful pool, small protected beach area. Good drinks. Although food was included, we didn’t partake, weren’t hungry. I would recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lately when we've stopped at Nassau, we book British Colonial Hilton through Resort for a Day - easy walk from the ship, gorgeous beach with view of the ships, includes lunch/drinks, beach chair/umbrellas, pool, use of hotel facilities. Very reasonably priced. Highly recommend.

Since you are only there for a short time, all-inclusive may not be the "deal" you are hoping for. Probably better off going to a free beach or a cheaper day pass like Melia and just buying a couple drinks and a sandwich. You will probably come out cheaper that way. Melia is something like $45 - which leave $50 in your budget for a few drinks and lunch.

There is also Love Beach which has the Nirvana Beach Bar. It's a bit of a ride in the taxi. The other suggestions for the British Colonial Hilton and even Junkanoo/Tiki Bikini Hut are good, too.

There is really a ton of options, so it's hard to say which is the best for you. I think the best beach experience would be the Melia, personally. Cable Beach is awesome. Junkanoo isn't a great beach.