Question about Cuba old car excursions and kids

nogard13

So, we'll be traveling to Cuba with a 5 year old and an almost 2 year old next summer. MSC basically says that to get off the boat, you need to book an excursion, and that's fine. I'd love to do the sightseeing tour in the old cars but I know that many of them don't have seat belts that you can install a car seat with.

Has anyone done these excursions with kids and not used a car seat? How did it go? Do you recommend it?

TIA

I highly recommend the vintage cars in Havanna, it is really a part that should not be missed. And while you easily can walk the old town, the mandatory photo with the Commandante on the wall at the Plaza da la Revolution is not in walking distance.

Our 1954 Dodge convertible did not have any seatbelts.

I highly recommend the vintage cars in Havanna, it is really a part that should not be missed. And while you easily can walk the old town, the mandatory photo with the Commandante on the wall at the Plaza da la Revolution is not in walking distance.

Our 1954 Dodge convertible did not have any seatbelts.

Thanks. Did you take any children with you? Did you feel it was safe to do so?

We were in Cuba many years ago with a 5yo and 2yo. Seat belts are a challenge. You have a couple of options: find a tour that uses coach buses (no seatbelt needed, and there are large coach buses in Cuba), or use rear facing car seats that can be installed with a lap belt. If you can contact the tour operator they can verify that lap belts are available, but then you’d need car seats that fit both children rear facing. Probably not a big deal for your two year old, but a bit more challenging for the 5 year old.

Cuba is a beautiful country and my oldest still has great memories of our time there. The youngest doesn’t remember much lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk