Are the hot and cold plunges still in the Men's Sauna area in the Star Spa?

valleyvillage

One of my favorite parts of the Mandara Spa on the Star is the Men's Sauna/Steam area. It is my understanding that the ship was originally designed for an Asian market, and so consequently there are some nifty touches.

I especially love the hot and cold plunges! You can get hot in the sauna and then cool off in the plunge. Bracing.

I wonder if they are still there since the refurbishment this year. Thanks for any news!

I don't know the answer, but am also wondering. Additionally, the on-line description of the thermal suite mentions heated mosaic loungers, yet reviews say there are none. Is it possible that they were added during the recent refurbishment?

Yes, I understand the heated loungers were part of that refurbishment. I am definitely getting the pass, even if no plunge.

Hi fellow Panama traveller. I was definitely wanting to get spa passes for our cruise, but the one video I've found of the Star's thermal suite seems to show that the co-ed part is very small, with only one hot tub. Hubby and I would want to experience it together, but it seems to be set up for separate male and female experiences. Is that true?

I did read that the heated loungers were added, but I wonder if they re-designed any of the other features?

The hot tub, bubble loungers and the lap pool are all co-ed. Several posters have confirmed that they did replace the old loungers with heated tile loungers!

The steam and sauna are not co-ed.

But it is really a wonderful place to relax!

Ugh! I just realized that the video I was looking at is for the Jewel (I'm considering it for Alaska). I found the one for the Star and it looks fabulous! I can't wait! :D