Advice needed re cancelled cruise.

Bloodgem

We booked our first B2B cruise in April 2018: Explore of the Seas; 5 nights; 20th Sept 2019; cabin 1814 (accessibility). Followed by Explore of the Seas; 11 nights; 25th Sept 2019; cabin 1814 (accessibility).

Today we got a phone call from TA. RC has cancelled the 5 night cruise. RC has decided to combine a 2 night cruise departing on 18th with the 5 night cruise. TA has rang RC today about to check the availability of cabin 1814. RC claim that they do not know if cabin 1814 is available until the new 7 night cruise goes on sail in a couple of weeks time.

Is this statement true or does it mean that some one else is/was already booked in cabin 1814 for the 2 night cruise and we need to wait to see if they want to book the new 7 night cruise.

If we decide to still do the B2B, and we cannot get cabin 1814, who is responsible for transferring the portable hoist from one cabin to the other. I know the cabin stewards will transfer our cases and clothes from the wardrobe and it will be my responsibility to transfer all the mediation but what about the hoist. Also if we do have to transfer cabins will we have to wait until 1pm to get into the second cabin.

Thank you for any help and advice you give me.

The crew will do the transfer of everything, except your very "personal" stuff....put that in your carry on and take it to the new cabin. And, no..they will get the new cabin ready for you quite early!

It does sound like you NEED an HC cabin, so make sure that's what they are moving you to! Have the deck plans in front of you when they give your new assignment!