Platinum Studio - beware those considering from the UK

minikiss

So as the title says, here's a word of warning for anyone in the UK considering taking part in the Platinum photo shoot.

Not only were the prints expensive $150 each 8x10 print but this morning I've just received a tax invoice for the duty charge!!!! Not impressed one bit, the duty part was £4.17 with a handling charge of £12 I feel ripped off as I paid for 3 prints, so the cost was already high. But to be handed this on top i'm truly disgusted.

On the up side they did only take a week to ship rather than the 10 weeks quoted.

Anyone know who I should email with a complaint. :mad:

Jules

Ohhh. That is unfortunate.

On a side note:

My mom and I had a session in the Platinum Studio on our South America cruise in 2013. We had a lot of fun and selected one picture. I remember we both had a bit of sticker shock when presented with pricing options, but we went ahead with the purchase.

I had forgotten about the photo- but found it 3 days after her death in 2015.

This is now one of my most treasured possessions. And to be honest- Knowing the outcome- I would give anything and pay anything to have the remaining proofs.

This moment with my beloved mom? Priceless.

Not really as it was put to us they would by a printed local company, so we thought someone in the UK would be printing and shipping them to us.

I had no idea they were being sent from the USA.

I maybe should have questioned it with him about it further but we didn't.

Anyway as I said please consider this a warning for anyone outside the US, if they purchase any they will be charged a duty charge after delivery.

Ohhh. That is unfortunate.

On a side note:

My mom and I had a session in the Platinum Studio on our South America cruise in 2013. We had a lot of fun and selected one picture. I remember we both had a bit of sticker shock when presented with pricing options, but we went ahead with the purchase.

I had forgotten about the photo- but found it 3 days after her death in 2015.

This is now one of my most treasured possessions. And to be honest- Knowing the outcome- I would give anything and pay anything to have the remaining proofs.

This moment with my beloved mom? Priceless.

Pictures are so precious I have a few myself that mean a lot.

We to had lots of fun but the extra charge came as an extra shock as so unexpected.

Pictures are so precious I have a few myself that mean a lot.

We to had lots of fun but the extra charge came as an extra shock as so unexpected.

I totally get that- it is shock on top of sticker shock!

I hope that wonderful memories of your cruise will quickly outweigh this :( experience.