Mariner 9390/9690 pax? Having 2nd thoughts

mspink98

I have a favor to ask of anyone who’s got Mariner cabin 9390 or 9690 coming up soon, or anyone who has had either of those recently. We’re booked in 9390 next Feb, and I have nagging second thoughts on our choice. DH feels pretty strongly that he wants to stay where we are, but I’m inclined to move on in, to 9392 (it’s still available). DH likes the idea of the corner, and potentially having more view, but I’m wondering if I’m going to end up with “balcony envy” due to the reduced size compared to a non-corner. The good news is that 2 other couple on our group have side balconies, and I know I’ll be happier in any aft than on the side, just from what I’ve read here.

So anyway, here’s the favor-I’d love to see more pictures of these balconies, and hear some reviews. I’ve looked at Bonnie Voyager’s pics, and they’re great, but I’m still not sure. I’m obsessing, I know. :rolleyes: BUT, time is running out to change, because I know that 9392 is going to get snapped up sometime here. This trip is a big deal for us, and I don’t want to be disappointed in our cabin. It’s our first balcony, and we hope to spend more time enjoying it than we have in-cabin on previous trips.

See, that’s exactly what my thought pattern is.

Your view was still wonderful from 9392? That’s his primary issue with changing-he likes the idea of being able to see more of a panoramic view from the corner.

I am not sure if the ships in the Voyager class are all similar in design or not. We choose 9392 on the Adventure because we heard so many raves about the balcony compared to 9390.

I see you are from Milwaukee area! My sister is in Pewaukee so we visit once or twice a year. Love that Kopps custard:) .

Miriam, do you have any pics you could email? My address is mspink98(at)hotmail(dot)com.

I work across the street from Pewaukee, your sister lives close to me.

We have not gone on the cruise yet. I have been researching it and found pictures at http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/adventureoftheseas.htm

I also read some of the reviews of a group and had both the rooms and raved about 9392. Hope this helps.

Wow, that is close! Small world:)

This isn't exactly the same but close enough. We had 8690 on the Mariner, and I went exactly through what you are. I am glad we chose the corner aft. I peeked at 8692 and the balcony was bigger, but we loved the view from the corner. It was less obstructed (which I think yours will be on the 9th deck) and we had both the aft and side view. The balcony was still large and we just really enjoyed it. We were glad we had chosen the corner and chose it again for our next cruise.

I have them of both 9692 and 9690, please find them at the bottom of my signature line... the interior of the cabins is only different due to the single door and large port hole window.

We had booked both cabins as we needed two cabins, one for us and one for our two teenage daughters. When we arrived, we the parents got to choose the better of the two and we chose 9692 because of the much larger balcony.

We have had corner afts, but aboard the Mariner they are not wrap balconies so the additional angle of view is not that much more significant than 9692.

We are definitely balcony people... we love to lie in the sun or shade... if you are too 9692 is the one to go with.

I talked to DH. I think just because my obsessiveness frightens him ;) , or perhaps because he just knows I've made up my mind anyway, he agreed to switch. I'll be emailing our TA in the morning from work to make the switch. Thanks to everyone for the input-you pretty much confirmed my thoughts.

As I said, this is our first balcony, and a special cruise for us as we'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary, so I want to get the best we can for the money we can spend.

I emailed my TA to make the switch this morning, and it’s done. Thank God for these boards, though. Between us and other family members, we’ve booked probably 15 cruises with her, and have always been happy, but she is not a fan of Voyager-class ships in general, and aft balconies on Voyager-class ships specifically. I’m happy with 9392, because as I pointed out, I’ve been having nagging second thoughts since booking 9390. I have pictured, thanks to some wonderful people online, to back up what I was thinking. If I had listened to her without seeking the advice of people in the computer, we probably would have booked a side balcony, and I would have no doubt been insanely jealous if we saw an aft. Our ship choice would not have change, but only because DH decided a long, long time ago that he wanted Voyager class our next cruise.

So, I just wanted to say thanks to all those who offered opinions on my dilemma, and in general to all who offer suggestions to others. It makes it much easier to get a well-rounded viewpoint when you can ask a million of your closest friends, rather than just one person, even if that person is someone whose opinion you would ordinarily trust. We can only afford to go on a “big” vacation once every couple of years, so it’s important to make it the best we can.

There can be some snarliness and drama sometimes, but all in all, this is a great site. Thanks. :D

I personally thnk you made the best decision. We had 9692 and would have been disappointed if we had had 9690 actually 9690 really is more of a side view not a wake view 9692 gets youa view of a bit of teh side and the back also.. best spot on teh ship to me is teh corner of balcony 9692 standing near the 9690 balcony you can see staright down to the water no cabins below you....

Archived