Dream Itinerary - HELP!

MalkyM

For nearly 2 months I have been trying to access details of the Dream's Baltic cruises just to compare prices with what we paid our TA. If I "pretend" to be from the US, all the details appear (in $$) but as soon as I say I am a UK user - absolutely nothing shows up for the Dream. The Jewel's Med cruises are there, but the Dream seems to have disappeared from (I assume) the UK website

Any theories? Are NCL trying to sell the cruises in the States before "opening" them up to UK and European cruisers? Or should I just go back to basic computer class? :confused:

Would be nice just to keep an eye out for price changes.

I asked NCL UK this question - well I really complained that I would be able to go on the cruise if I lived anywhere other than in the UK. :D

The reason I was given for it not appearing was "only those cruises which do not include flight prices are shown on the website - that's why it says "Book Cruise Only" - and the Baltics cruise includes flights". :(

We were very keen to go on this cruise but delayed booking it until the engine was fixed. I have since phoned NCL UK three or four times and each time the price has gone up by about 100GBP per adult (even at the start of the Sale of all Sails!!). I happened to look at the prices tonight under the "other European option" and the price there (presumably without a flight) is only about 100euros more than the GBP price I was quoted (for a BA cabin in July) - I think we may be getting ripped off as a flight from Edinburgh to Heathrow can cost as little as 50GBP.

You could always pretend to make a new booking.

Calmac - Thanks for the explanation. It's good to know that I am not losing my mind!!

Can't quite understand NCL's reason for not showing even "cruise only" prices for UK passengers. It sure beats me. Although we booked through a TA we were able to get the benefits offered by Latitudes for this cruise - i.e. "free" connecting flight from Glasgow & "free" transfer from LHR to Dover. So even the "cruise only" prices would give me something to compare.

Thanks again.

Coming from the States, I would be landing at LGW and transfer to Dover for the cruise (planned for June). I know NCL has transfers to the Dover terminal but...would landing at LGW by 8:30am on the same day of the cruise allow me sufficient time to get to Dover in time for boarding? Or, should I plan for arrival at LGW the day before...

PRNole47 - I am guessing that your transfer to Dover has already been arranged with NCL. That being the case, you will have no difficulty in getting to the Port of Dover in time for sailing. I reckon the transfer from LGW will be a little under 2 hours. OK, the coach will most likely wait for other passengers from other flights but will be scheduled for the Dream's departure time.

A scenario to bear in mind, however, is that of your flight being very late. That might cause problems if you are left to find your own way to Dover. I'm not sure if there is a direct coach service and the train journey would (I think) involve a trip into London and then back out to Dover.

Hope this has helped but if there is anything else - just ask.

MalkyM

Thanks, MalkyM. You have a point re. the flight arriving late, though I've made the trip MIA-LGW or MCO-LHR several times and have not been later than 45 min to 1 hr, if at all. However, spending several thousand US$$ would certainly cause me to want to arrive at least a day (or 2O) earlier...and enjoy London again prior to the cruise.

The domestic (e.g. from Scotland) flights I assume will be scheduled for the day of departure. I did ask NCL UK who they would be using and was told it would be British Airways from, in our case Edinburgh, to Heathrow. The Baltic cruises have a 5pm scheduled departure I think.

MalkyM - have you tried to get into NCL website in the dropdown box using "other international", from Australia that's where I get (US) prices and info from but at least I can see what is going on and available cabins.

We're booked on the Dream 4 June. Thanks for the part about 'free' transfers to Dover for Latitude members will look into that!

Cruise departs 4.00 pm but we are arriving a couple of days early to unwind after 21 hours flying and I don't trust being on time on the day. My son was recently delayed 40 hours on what should have been a 7 hour flight to New Zealand!

Archived