How is the birthday cake?

Joebucks

The cake in the mdr used to be good. They switched to this cute little cake for one and while it is super cute and a nice gesture, we didn’t like it at all. We have bought the chocolate birthday cake and it is really good and they bring it whatever night you specify or they will bring or have it in the cabin for you if you want a private celebration. The cake at the coffee shop is divine and like others said, pretty reasonable for a giant slice. Now, carnival has started serving giant cakes on the buffet that are really pretty and taste pretty good for buffet cakes. Everyone seems to enjoy getting their own special cake and the thought behind it is awesome because it seems to come out of nowhere and catch the birthday person by surprise. I say go for it, it’s a small cost for a great celebration.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The chocolate birthday cake is really good! My mom ordered it for me on our cruise last week, and the waiters brought it to us in the dining room. Our waiters also brought us vanilla ice cream to go with the cake. If there's a smaller one, order that. The one we had was probably about 12" in diameter, and it was way too much for 6 people. Our waiters did give us one of those plastic covers that they put on the entrees so we could take the leftover cake back to our room, but since it was the last night of the cruise, there was no way we could finish it all before we left.