Worth upgrade to Premium Pkg with current promo discount?

QT911

Since Celebrity changed the rules that you only pay the difference its best for us to stick with the Classic and pay the 1$ extra/drink.

It takes a lot of premium drinks to get to the $66.08 before you need a liver transplant.

I had forgotten about the "pay the difference" game. The only bad thing is having to sign those little invoices.

You can upgrade through the Captains Club no need to call X.

Thanks for all of the answers. Sounds like it's too late to upgrade though. Good to know that only one has to upgrade...that would be me.:D DH mainly drinks Coor's Light, and he is not real picky with wine. He does drink a Bailey's after dinner. The last cruise we were on, it was a hit or miss if he had to pay extra and sign. Can't believe that Celebrity took it off the Classic's pkg.

Decision made - upgraded to premium. I paid $66.08 for 5 days. I figured if each drink price difference is $7.08 ($9 vs $15 limit + gratuity), I'll get my money worth in 10 drinks, which is 2 upgraded drinks a day... Challenge accepted!

I think you made the right choice. Don't forget, it also include "upgraded" non-alcoholic drinks. I get big bottles of Evian to take off the ship (and to re-hydrate after all the boozy drinks) and get San Pelligrino with dinner. The premium also includes the juices and smoothies at the Aquaspa cafe, which we get every morning.

Our favorite evening bars are the Martini Bar and the World Class Bar, where each drink is an upcharge from the Classic. I also find that the sommeliers get really creative with the Premium package and have often served me more expensive wines without charging me more. That never happened on the Classic package.

And, if you order something you don't like, you haven't really wasted money. :cool:So its a great time to try new (or ALL) the drinks.

Cheers!

And, if you order something you don't like, you haven't really wasted money. :cool:So its a great time to try new (or ALL) the drinks.

Cheers!

I think I am going to try myself some whisky. I meant, if I don't have to pay for it right? Maybe I can acquire a new taste :)