Serenade of the Seas Cabin 1000

sjpsoccer14

Just switch from an ocean view cabin to ocean view balcony cabin 1000 on my upcoming October 28th Serenade of the Seas sailing. Does anyone have any insight on how much movement will be felt bring this far forward on deck 10?

Also, I have not been able to find many photos of the balcony. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had that same stateroom on Serenade many years ago, and the movement was among the most we have every experienced. Of course, movement depends on many factors, so this does not mean your cruise will be the same.

We had the cabin just under it on Radiance for an Alaska cruise. We had very rough seas coming back in the open Pacific waters and the ship was doing maximum speed to get through the Surge Narrows between Vancouver Island and the BC mainland which that size of ship had to pass at high tide. It was quite a ride with us having to hold on when in bed or sitting on the sofa. Below is that balcony which is the top one in the shot.

DSC05018a.thumb.jpg.e1a6579523a0dcc3a6528ebd4c85782f.jpg

Done/doing this Boston Repo sailing 6 out of 7 years. Probably feel some first 2 days, should settle down after then. As long no late season Hurricanes. I did cabin 1002 next to you in 2012. Kinda cool location, you look down on other cabins as they all stick you little more then 10 and no one above to see into yours. You look right into the Bridge Wing. Also quick to pool deck/WindJammer or straight down to Theater.