Long Bay Beach: A few questions?

dongordon

Question: RE: Long Bay / Beef Island

NCL offered this as an excursion but made no mention of the ability to rent beach chairs or umbrellas there. Are they available?

Are there food and bathroom facilities there?

How would you rate this beach?

Thank you.

Don:cool:

Question: RE: Long Bay / Beef Island

NCL offered this as an excursion but made no mention of the ability to rent beach chairs or umbrellas there. Are they available?

Are there food and bathroom facilities there?

How would you rate this beach?

Thank you.

Good question, I was wondering the same thing when I saw that excursion being offered. I posed that question on the TTOL BVI forum, you can see any replies there -

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/7/1/british-virgin-islands.html

When staying on Tortola we love taking a lunch to LB, Beef because it is a beautiful beach and a very quiet alternative to the busy vibe of CGB. But if there are still no restrooms you have to use the “other option”. On a cruise stop we would instead head for Brewers Bay which is a gorgeous beach with beautiful views, and Nicole’s serves sandwiches and drinks. There are also rustic but real restrooms there.

Before Irma, the Long Bay Beach Club on Long Bay, Tortola (West End) was renting lounges for $5 (older lounges) and you had access to the restaurant and restrooms. Beautiful long, picture postcard beach you’l see on many sites. They are again under new ownership and not sure when they wil re-open.

[EDIT] Would rate it in the Top 3 with Smuggler’s Cove and Brewers Bay.

Good question, I was wondering the same thing when I saw that excursion being offered. I posed that question on the TTOL BVI forum, you can see any replies there -

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/7/1/british-virgin-islands.html

When staying on Tortola we love taking a lunch to LB, Beef because it is a beautiful beach and a very quiet alternative to the busy vibe of CGB. But if there are still no restrooms you have to use the “other option”. On a cruise stop we would instead head for Brewers Bay which is a gorgeous beach with beautiful views, and Nicole’s serves sandwiches and drinks. There are also rustic but real restrooms there.

Before Irma, the Long Bay Beach Club on Long Bay, Tortola (West End) was renting lounges for $5 (older lounges) and you had access to the restaurant and restrooms. Beautiful long, picture postcard beach you’l see on many sites. They are again under new ownership and not sure when they wil re-open.

[EDIT] Would rate it in the Top 3 with Smuggler’s Cove and Brewers Bay.

What concerned me about this beach is the description of the NCL excursion was that it said "to bring your towel to sit on the beach" or something like that.

The whole excursion is about 3 1/2 hours so the bathroom facilities might not be a big deal, but a towel in the sand is not that comfortable.;)

The review that was posted in 2017 received 4 stars and I am hoping that perhaps by now, since it a cruise excursion, chairs and umbrellas might now be available (the description indicates that chairs and umbrellas are not included).

If I take this excursion, I might just float in the beautiful ocean for most of the time there.;p

I'm leaning towards giving it a try.

Edited by dongordon