Airbnb in Rome - 4 people, 2 bedrooms

eurodl

On 10/25/2018 at 9:40 AM, nini said:

Eurodl-

We just arrived home from a Med. cruise. We stayed pre-cruise 3 nights in Rome. We have NEVER been to Europe and I spent MONTHS researching our lodging options and reading info from Rick Steve's books on Italy and ports.

For us, we were very grateful to stay where we did (Hotel Damaso) due to our location and the wonderful and knowledgeable front desk staff. We simply would ask where we needed to go and they explained it to us using a map. The hotel is located on the corner of a main street in Rome and basically next door to the Camp dei Fiori/ Piazza Navona area. If you stay in a private apartment or home, you may not have this available and our included breakfast and coffee at the hotel were very good. Then we were able to explore Rome and eat when and where we decided. I can not even imagine shopping for groceries and cooking when Rome was out there to explore.

For us, we are grateful that we did not use AirBNB or VRBO. This was an adventure and very different from where we live. We use VRBO often in the states but we are very familiar with the locations. We walked to all of our tour meeting places and back again. Except, the hotel called a cab (cheap, at 8 Euros for 3 adults) for us to get to the early morning Vatican tour).

P.S. The hotel did have A/C and we did use it (October).

who said you need cooking if you rent apartment? :classic_blink:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m late to the party and it appears that you wont be going to Rome but I want to add my two cents for your next trip.  

We finished 9 months of almost continuous travel in November of which all but 20 nights or so were spent in Airbnbs. We visited Spain, Italy, Bulgaria, Portugal (twice), Ecuador, and Mexico and never felt unsafe in any of the Airbnbs.  We also never had an issue where the unit suffered from what we expected-well once but that was because I missed reading (it wasn’t clearly included in the listing) that it was on the third floor of a building without an elevator. 

Here isn’t hoping that you will soon get to see Rome Ams maybe give Airbnb-ing a try!

Edited by Clay Clayton

I know the OP isn’t going to Rome at this time, but I wanted to share we had a FANTASTIC experience with a rental in Rome. Our 2BR/2BA apartment had air conditioning (not needed or working in April), a washer and dryer, and best of all was on a tiny quiet street just steps from Campo di Fiori. I highly recommend an apartment instead of a hotel in Rome if the stay is more than a night or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1