Getting new sale...

leono1

i booked and paid a deposit on a cruise in august, but now with the new sale i can get that cruise buy one get one half price with a free drinks package and obc, can i just ring up and swap over to the new sale keeping same booking and cabin? ( uk booking dircect from rc.co.uk)

No. You could have if you booked with a US TA. (Some US TA’s charge a change fee though). You have to look at the small print but if you cancel your booking you will likely lose your deposit. Sometimes it’s financially beneficial to do this. You need to call and find out and do the numbers.

Thanks wendy.

Thats what i thought going from last year and yeah i understand about working it out if its better to lose my deposit and starting again :)

Not strictly true. RCCL have an early booking protection offer from the UK that allows you to switch to a new promo. You can only do it once. So if the new price with the drinks works out better than obviously it’s worthwhile. I’ve got a cruise booked on Harmony next year however it still works out cheaper for me to buy the drinks separately thanks switching to the promo.

i booked and paid a deposit on a cruise in august, but now with the new sale i can get that cruise buy one get one half price with a free drinks package and obc, can i just ring up and swap over to the new sale keeping same booking and cabin? ( uk booking dircect from rc.co.uk)

Go to the uk site and do a direct likeforlike comparison. They usually put the prices up to cover the “free” drinks package though!,

Remember Gty rooms don’t get the free drinks.

They had a promo last year when they would honour a one time price drop but I thought that was only for a certain booking window.

Do the math, it may be worth losing the £150pp deposit and starting again.

Also drinks packages usually go on sale on Black Friday so you may be able to get a deal then.

Let us know!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One point to consider is what is the value of additional perks? OBC is clear but the inclusion of the drinks package may or may not be better value for you depending on how much you would spend otherwise.

Definitely call Royal though to confirm pricing.

We came across this as well. We booked for August 19 whilst we were on board, came home and saw the promotion had changed. When I got our TA to reprice the exact same cabin had gone up by £827 which was less then £30 each per night for the deluxe drinks package. I think the cheapest I ever saw it this year was £39. We were lucky as we booked through next cruise so may be worth a phone call

We ended up paying the difference, as I couldn't decide if with all UK sailings going all inclusive would you be able to get the deluxe drinks package on offer as its currently £50 per person per day so we have possibly saved £573 on a 14 night sailing