Booking RC June 2019 Cruise with Guests Names not Determined

RobinKY

My girlfriend and I are planning on booking a RC cruise next June with our teen kids (2 kids each, 4 total) and are allowing them to bring a friend. There's lots of logistics to work out but do we have to know the friends' names at time of booking? We are hoping to book by the end of the year. Also what if a friend backs out? Will RC allow us to change to a new friend?

My girlfriend and I are planning on booking a RC cruise next June with our teen kids (2 kids each, 4 total) and are allowing them to bring a friend. There's lots of logistics to work out but do we have to know the friends' names at time of booking? We are hoping to book by the end of the year. Also what if a friend backs out? Will RC allow us to change to a new friend?

Yes, you can change the guests up to 24 hours before the cruise, as long as one of the original guests names remains.

I would pick any name for the friend and book them initially so that you are sure of having enough space in the muster station in the future.

Thank you! There's no fee for changing? If I understand you, I could just put in "Jane Doe" until things are definite.

No fee to change, but I'd pick a name a bit more realistic than Jane Doe, plus be ready with a representative birthdate, something that will be appropriate for whoever you finally decide will be coming.

Are you saying you are going to be a party of 10?

If so you need another adult with you unless rc has some sort of cabin that fits 5 or some kind of outrageously I assume priced suite deal that fits 10

Sent from my iPad using Forums

10 is max. My daughter is iffy as she will have lots going on next summer. My gf's daughter will be 18 but not until end of June.

So there has to be an adult per cabin? Our tentative arrangements are:

• Me and gf in balcony
  • My son and friend in interior
  • Her two daughters plus 2 friends in interior
  • My daughter and friend in interior.

That's 4 rooms and only 2 adults and one almost adult.

10 is max. My daughter is iffy as she will have lots going on next summer. My gf's daughter will be 18 but not until end of June.

So there has to be an adult per cabin? Our tentative arrangements are:

•  
  • Me and gf in balcony

• My son and friend in interior

• Her two daughters plus 2 friends in interior

• My daughter and friend in interior.

That's 4 rooms and only 2 adults and one almost adult.

The ship definitely has age requirements as to how you book and for related family members if those members are underage. Also you and your gf are only related to 2 kids each.

You need to consider this so just look up the FAQs for rccl

I know that you will need to book you and your gf in separate cabins...and 3 other kids with each of you. So that covers 8 people and therein lies the issue. Imho I believe you need a 3rd adult but I could be wrong and rccl might be able to work out the logistics correctly

Btw 18 is not considered adult in the cruiseship world and you will need authorization to take those non related minors on a trip with you for medical issues etc

It's probably able to be worked out but it's more complex than you realize so you need an expert to advise you. Not sure anyone at rccl is an expert on anything but perhaps a travel agent could help but the way you currently want to book the rooms doesn't seem to be possible as you need an adult in the cabins but if those cabins are very close to you and there is a related underage occupant in each of those cabins it could work

My main point is you need to be sure the cabins are booked properly

You and your gf can switch once on board but you need to book yourselves separately initially as you are with minors that must have cabin supervision

I'm sure posters here will chime and say it won't be a problem however I've read many cc threads where it may well be an issue

Also please insist that all in your group get travel insurance

Not only for cancellation reasons but with 8 kids under 18 with you the possibility of injury multiplies and you don't want to be stuck paying the medical bills in some foreign port for your kids friend do you?

You are taking on massive responsibility considering the ages. I'm not sure how school groups do this stuff but the chaperone to kid r ratio is definitely an important part of the equation. Plus they usually sell group school insurance on those kind of trips

Again it's not your 4 kids that really matter as they are your kids and you can certainly travel with them even though you will need authorized from your own kids other parent don't forget. it's the other 4 kids that change the game plan and put the load on your shoulders

Just cover all bases that's all I'm suggesting

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by maggie cruises