Spa Mini-Suite vs Mini-Suite and just buying the Spa pass

Is the only benefit of booking a "Spa" Mini-Suite the ability to use the Spa facilities? If so, wouldn't it be a better deal to just buy the spa pass?

On our current booking we have booked just a generic MX guarantee Mini-Suite. The Spa Mini-Suite is $600 more per person. To me, it's a no brainer to just drop 200 bucks apiece on the Spa pass (saving $800) if that's the only benefit.

Is the only benefit of booking a "Spa" Mini-Suite the ability to use the Spa facilities? If so, wouldn't it be a better deal to just buy the spa pass?

On our current booking we have booked just a generic MX guarantee Mini-Suite. The Spa Mini-Suite is $600 more per person. To me, it's a no brainer to just drop 200 bucks apiece on the Spa pass (saving $800) if that's the only benefit.

Yep, pretty dumb. The location of the spa MS is right down the hall from the spa, and I believe there are supposed to be upgraded bath amenities, but it makes no sense to me. I would just buy the spa passes separately.

One note, the MX comes with no “perks”, and the spa mini comes with the choice of two, which does account for some of the price difference. However, just about every time I compare an MB or MA to the spa MS, it’s far more than the $199 per person.