Cruise Planner shows balance due despite having fully paid!

Cherylok

Hi all, we booked a great last-minute deal on a sailing in 2 weeks by calling Celebrity direct. I paid by credit card over the phone and have received an invoice showing a nil balance and no money outstanding Now however, my cruise planner is showing that I have a balance of $2000 owing! The celebrity call centre is now closed over the weekend. I have received all my cruise documents and Had my cabin assigned and have received my luggage tags. Has anyone had a similar experience and been able to resolve it? Obviously it is not long to go before we cruise and with the notorious problems with the website I am concerned that it may not rectified before we leave. Does anyone have any similar experience?

Hi all, we booked a great last-minute deal on a sailing in 2 weeks by calling Celebrity direct. I paid by credit card over the phone and have received an invoice showing a nil balance and no money outstanding Now however, my cruise planner is showing that I have a balance of $2000 owing! The celebrity call centre is now closed over the weekend. I have received all my cruise documents and Had my cabin assigned and have received my luggage tags. Has anyone had a similar experience and been able to resolve it? Obviously it is not long to go before we cruise and with the notorious problems with the website I am concerned that it may not rectified before we leave. Does anyone have any similar experience?

I had this happen and had to call in to get it taken care of via customer service. I actually had to email her a copy of my invoice that showed it was paid in full before she would adjust my balance. I see you are in Australia and mention that your call center is closed over the weekend. ??? Not sure how that works but would try to get it taken care of asap.

It is a website that is notorious for issues and have read this has happened before ... and not just you or me. I hope all works out well without them canceling your sailing.

I had this happen and had to call in to get it taken care of via customer service. I actually had to email her a copy of my invoice that showed it was paid in full before she would adjust my balance. I see you are in Australia and mention that your call center is closed over the weekend. ??? Not sure how that works but would try to get it taken care of asap.

It is a website that is notorious for issues and have read this has happened before ... and not just you or me. I hope all works out well without them canceling your sailing.

Thank you. I Will have to wait until they are back Monday, our phone number in Australia for Celebrity goes to the overseas call centre. Appreciate your advice.

I had that happen a few months ago. There was no problem getting it resolved, pretty quick and painless phone call after a somewhat stressful night of wondering what the @#$# was going on.

Best of luck, and here's hoping that by the end of the cruise you feel the trip was worth the extra $2k you didn't end up having to spend on it!! :-)

I had an accounts problem a few weeks back, when instead of refunding me for a cancelled excursion they charged me, taking my nil balance to a few hundred dollars.

I go through the same Aus/NZ call centre you do and found the Saturday staff unable to help. But the accounts people who work Monday - Friday were quickly able to see it was an error on their end and they sorted things within a week. When you ring through, ask to speak to someone in accounts.

I’m quietly confident you’ll get this sorted before your cruise.