Resort for a day - Hyatt Ziva or Jewel Runaway Bay?

jlk806

Will we be safe doing an excursion with resort for a day in Falmouth? We are considering either Hyatt Ziva or Jewel Runaway bay. Jewel has a bunch of ppl from our cruise ship going from our fb group, which makes me feel a little safer being with a large group, but the Hyatt looks much more relaxing and will probably be less crowded plus its closer to the port, But I am worried in general will we be safe on an excursion off the ship? Anyone have insight on those 2 resorts?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can not comment on the Hyatt but I have stayed at JRB before (October 2015).  It was an extremely safe resort that is great for kids.  The water park has a nice area for young children, a lazy river and water slides for older children.  The beach there is really nice, especially for the north coast of Jamaica.  There is a coral reef  within walking distance of the shore, so you can bring your own gear and snorkel right there as well.  The Jewel resorts were sold in the begginning of 2018, so I don't know if there have been many changes to the resort, FYI.