Nice Paid Upgrade

clarky213

I managed to upgrade from Oceanview to 2B Hump Balcony on my Eclipse Alaska sailing in September 2019.

Total Cost was £280. Well worth it in my opinion.

I also get to keep my Drinks Package & Wifi Perks and also my $125 OBC.

This will be a nice surprise for DW when we board.

Edited by clarky213
  • Like 2

I have always read on this forum that those in the U.S. can do this, but that it is not possible to do in the U.K. without cancelling , losing the deposit, re-booking and taking the current offer instead of keeping perks. Did you book direct with Celebrity and phone them for the upgrade? Or did you do it through an agent? Or did you book with a U.S. agent?

I have sometimes considered trying to do this but thought it was not possible, especially so far out from the sail date.

Well done, well worth the cost, and enjoy the cruise.

1 hour ago, laslomas said:

I have always read on this forum that those in the U.S. can do this, but that it is not possible to do in the U.K. without cancelling , losing the deposit, re-booking and taking the current offer instead of keeping perks. Did you book direct with Celebrity and phone them for the upgrade? Or did you do it through an agent? Or did you book with a U.S. agent?

I have sometimes considered trying to do this but thought it was not possible, especially so far out from the sail date.

Well done, well worth the cost, and enjoy the cruise.

I booked when I visited the ship in Liverpool in June, so it was classed as an onboard booking. Maybe that makes a difference. I was expecting to lose the Wifi as that perk is not offered now with the drinks package.

I called the UK Number, but it went through to a very nice lady in America who sorted it all out for me.

Thanks for the response. The fact you booked onboard was in your favour. According to the T&C you can make unlimited free changes. I think I will have to consider onboard bookings in the future as I would love to have the chance to take advantage of moving up if the price is right,

Enjoy the cruise 😀