Going to Atlantis on our own and beach after??

ken_nyc

We were thinking of going to the Atlantis on our own (4 adults, 2 kids) do the Dig and see the marine exhibit there. How much is it to get into the Atlantis and how much and how hard is it to get there from where the Glory docks?? Also, is there a good beach near there that we can go to after the Atlantis and a place to eat lunch? I appreciate everyones help!! Thanks in advance!! icon_smile.gif

Carnival Pride 8/17/02 (Western Caribbean)

Carnival Glory 8/21/2004 (Eastern) 30th Anniversary Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;8;21;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500CQclass.gif

We (434 & 44 at the time) found it an easy walk from the pier.

In 2000, they wanted $25 per person just to walk out their back door and breathe their air. We obviously weren't set up for using their pool or beach, just wanted to look around. Nope... still $25.

We found the place to be very pretentious with rude staff. Wouldn't go there again.

We ate at a little outdoor cafe on the way back, so I don't know of any beach cafe's for you to enjoy. I don't even know of public beaches... we just walked over to Atlantis, looked around and took a relaxing stroll back, stopping where we wanted to browse.

Lido Deck Linda

dudes.gif

062802jumpie_prv.gif033102food_1_prv.gif062802drink_prv.gif082502cheers_prv.gif

Fantasy 2/6/2000

Victory 3/23/2003

Destiny 4/25/2004

We walked the whole place on our own (I thought they only charged to use pools and stuff), and were never stopped.

We then proceeded to tak a look at the beach on the ocean side (a little disappointed), and when I was walking back to get back onto the property, I was asked for my room key. They really were not going to let me back on the property until I told them my daughter and wife were on the other side of the bridge.

__ /7__/7__/7____

\:::::::::::::::::::/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miracle 7/04 NY to Bahamas and Port Canaveral

Disney Wonder 3/04

Pride 7/03 Bermuda

Legend 10/02 CTN

Disney Wonder 9/02

Destiny 4/01 Southern Caribbean

Victory 9/00 Canadian Maritimes

Triumph 9/99 Canadian Maritimes

Jubilee 4/98 Trans Pacific/Hawaii

Imagination 4/97 Western Caribbean

Imagination 4/96 Western Caribbean

Fascination 4/95 Southern Caribbean

Ecstasy 4/93 Eastern Caribbean

Fantasy 9/90 Bahamas

Jubilee 5/90 Mexican Riviera

NCL Seaward 1/89 Western Caribbean

Jubilee 4/88 Eastern Caribbean

Walking from the pier is an option, but not the only option. I took a taxi (4 per person) to Atlantis and walked all over with DW, and child. No one asked for anything, but I did notice that some were asked. The dig is $25.00 pp but when we went there (8:00 p.m.) the guy just let us walk through without going outside. We gave him a tip, which was certainly appreciated. BTW, when getting a taxi, make sure the price is clear before the ride. One driver tried to charge me $5.00 pp, after we had negotiated 4.00 pp with the concierge at the hotel. It was the end of the night and he tried to intimidate us into paying the 5.00 by arguing with me. When I told him that we were not paying the 5.00 pp he started to get loud. I just settled the argument by asking him to call the authorities. Suddenly, he was willing to take. 4.00 pp (plus I was tipping him $2.00). Makes me think that the regulated price is actually $4.00 pp.

15th Anniversary Sensation

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;8;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Atlantis

from

http://www.atlantis.com/atlantis_layers1024.asp

Welcome to my Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas page

from

http://www.tequila-stuff.com/atlantis-resort-bahamas/

Click on picture to enlarge

from

http://www.theunique.net/travel_atlantis.html

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

Our taxi driver tried to sell us wrist bands for Atlantis (at a discount of course). We didn't purchase any because we didn't know if they were legit. Once there, we saw people w/ them. The gentleman at the Dig let us look for free also.

Archived