Pacific Princess’ fate?

SoBaycruiser

On 10/25/2018 at 7:24 AM, Desert Cruizers said:

I have sailed either the Sea or Sun Princess in a long time, 2002 & 2006 and actually am surprised both ships are still with Princess. 

Yes IMO they are pass their "use by date" but Princess will keep at least one of them until the new port is built in Brisbane, Australia as they are the only ships they own (not countineg Pacific Princess) that can fit under the Gateway Bridge to reach the present port.

1 hour ago, Cruise Junky said:

I guess on the Brightside, they'll have a ship that offers open dining doing the world cruise and prices may come down a titch with a higher capacity.

The only positive I see from that would be the indoor pool.

On inclement weather days I really miss it

1 minute ago, Cruise Junky said:

We won't do set dining but an indoor pool would also be a plus. 

I don't know if you're aware of it (or if it would even matter to you) but in the buffet on the Pacific at dinner time one section of the seating has tablecloths and waiter service  with menus.

12 hours ago, chamima said:

,Princess may not build any more small ships but the fact that this one almost always sails full and people (like us) are willing to pay a premium to sail on her tells me that Princess knows they are filling a small niche in the market with this ship and won't be getting rid of her any time soon.

Same here!! We love cruising on "the beautiful little white lady", which is what one Captain a few years ago referred to her as.

We'll book a cruise on her just because it's on her!! We're doing 2 this year, for exactly that reason. They may cost a little more, than a similar cruise on one of the larger Princess ships, but the TLC attitude of the crew members on her make it worth every cent.