How to add Friends to Members | Follow

I see that in Manage Followed Content there is a link to Members.  When you click on Members it says "MEMBERS I FOLLOW"  The members (friends) I was following are gone.  😞  I also can not for the life of me figure out how to add them back.  Has this feature been removed?  It's easy to ignore a follower but not so easy to have them as friends and follow them.  

CC Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 3.56.50 PM.png

Hopefully I can add a little something to this discussion. Other boards I've seen that use the Invision Community software allow you to follow members the same way you follow forums or threads. When you view another member's profile on those other boards, there is a "Follow member" button near the top of the profile, next to the "Message" button. And there is a section of the member profile page above the "About membername" section that shows the member's followers.

On this board, we only have the "Message" button when we view another member's profile. We all know the "Message" button doesn't do anything useful on this board since the message functionality isn't enabled. It looks to me like the "Follow member" functionality is also not enabled on this board.

On 10/21/2018 at 7:43 PM, bluemarble said:

Hopefully I can add a little something to this discussion. Other boards I've seen that use the Invision Community software allow you to follow members the same way you follow forums or threads. When you view another member's profile on those other boards, there is a "Follow member" button near the top of the profile, next to the "Message" button. And there is a section of the member profile page above the "About membername" section that shows the member's followers.

On this board, we only have the "Message" button when we view another member's profile. We all know the "Message" button doesn't do anything useful on this board since the message functionality isn't enabled. It looks to me like the "Follow member" functionality is also not enabled on this board.

Thank you bluemarble, you are probably right.  If you are right it's a shame that they took that feature away. 

I'm still hoping for an official response since a senior community manager has a closed thread saying "Ask any question about how any of our features work".  Seems to me if they say asked for questions that they should also be answering the questions especially when other members haven't been able to come up with a definitive answer.  

Utahtea

7 minutes ago, utahtea said:

Thank you bluemarble, you are probably right.  If you are right it's a shame that they took that feature away. 

I'm still hoping for an official response since a senior community manager has a closed thread saying "Ask any question about how any of our features work".  Seems to me if they say asked for questions that they should also be answering the questions especially when other members haven't been able to come up with a definitive answer.  

Utahtea

I think the official answer was provided earlier today by CC Help Jenn in post #6 within this thread in the "Report Bugs & Glitches" forum.

5 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I think the official answer was provided earlier today by CC Help Jenn in post #6 within this thread in the "Report Bugs & Glitches" forum.

Thank you again bluemarble.  I guess we have our official answer.  :classic_sad:

It's sad that we lost such a great tool! I have friends that I've made on CC and then meet in person and I don't remember their user names after I've meet them in person.  I guess I'll just have to make myself a spreadsheet.  :classic_huh:

Utahtea

• 11 months later...