credit card check-in

george35

• 1 month later...

Don't we register our credit card when we check in with a person, for all of our onboard charges?  Why do we need to re-register at a kiosk?  Why do we need a PIN?  My credit card company said there is no reason to use a PIN when you want to charge the amounts.  PIN is only needed for cash advances or ATM's.  I don't want our account to be a cash advance because interest accumulates as soon as the charge is put through.  Who can help me with this?

28 minutes ago, cruisue said:

Don't we register our credit card when we check in with a person, for all of our onboard charges?  Why do we need to re-register at a kiosk?  Why do we need a PIN?  My credit card company said there is no reason to use a PIN when you want to charge the amounts.  PIN is only needed for cash advances or ATM's.  I don't want our account to be a cash advance because interest accumulates as soon as the charge is put through.  Who can help me with this?

You'll only register at 1 of the onboard Kiosks.  Not on check in. There'll be no cash advances, only temporary holds put on the card which you won't even notice and they'll dissapear once final payment is taken at end of cruise (mine was 4 days later).

I witnessed 1 couple who did not know their Pin and were still able to register their card with assistance by one of the staff working at  reception no  problem.  

31 minutes ago, cruisue said:

You no longer register credit card at check in.  There are several kiosks around and you have time to find one without a line and use that one.  There is one by guest services.  Our Credit cards don't require a PIN.

Glad to read you can register different credit cards per guest as that is likely what we will do.

Quick question: does anyone know how it works if have OBC from TA? Does that automatically get split between guests? Only to one person in room (which one)? Totally configurable at kiosk to assign differing $$$ to different guests?

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, onlineangel said:

Glad to read you can register different credit cards per guest as that is likely what we will do.

Quick question: does anyone know how it works if have OBC from TA? Does that automatically get split between guests? Only to one person in room (which one)? Totally configurable at kiosk to assign differing $$$ to different guests?

Thanks!

The amount of OBC from TA shows in our confirmation docs.  If you want it to go to specific guests, then that is between you and your TA