QM2 Atrium view

poshtotty

I have stayed in these cabins a couple of times. The only real difference between the atrium view cabin and a regular inside cabin is the window. It gives some light which is nice at night when a normal inside cabin can be as dark as a tomb. The only view from the window is into the cabin directly across from yours, no view of the lobby below. Additionally I was “upgraded “ to one of these cabins on deck 6 (not sure if deck number is correct but it was the highest deck available for this cabin choice). It must have been below a kitchen area for King’s Court because there was the sound of crashing pots and pans at all times of the night. If purchasing this cabin grade I would highly recommend booking a cabin on the lower  decks, these cabins were absolutely silent.

Thank you for your feedback. Apparently all Atrium view staterooms are now sold out on the crossing she was considering, the TA did say they were always a popular choice.  I must say the privacy issues ( window opposite and glass elevator) would have been a deal breaker for me. She is now happily booked in a balcony room, it will be her first crossing and is giddy with excitement  !!

There are no longer glass elevators in the Grand Lobby but the view to the atrium view stateroom on the other wall seems fairly direct.

I would have an issue with the lack of variation in ambient lighting night vs day. I think I'd be awake at 3:30 firm in the mindset that all the light means surely it's morning.