Beverages on the QM2

Smitheroo

I welcome experiencers/opinions about the Beverage packages on the QM2. I last sailed on the QM2 in 2013 and was not drinking alcohol at the time so not a concern of mine. My SIL and I are planning a TA in the near future and wondering what are the options.  I read somewhere that Cunard allows passengers to bring 2 bottles of wine aboard  Is this true? 2 bottles would do me, not sure about my SIL.    

While you might read that one bottle of wine per person (or two per stateroom) is permitted, in practice Cunard does not restrict the type and quantity of alcohol bright onboard. For Christmas (12 nights including Christmas and New Year's) I often bring about 10 bottles of wine and champagne. Corkage ($20, maybe $25 by now) will be charged if you bring a bottle of your wine onto a bar or restaurant. A quantity of spirits can be brought on at embarkation as well (the assumption is for in-cabin consumption).

Is it really true that Cunard will look the other way if I bring a bottle of gin on board? 

I'd love to have a few gin and tonics on my balcony but don't want my bottle of Hendricks confiscated at embarkation. 

If you do bring your own spirits can you purchase the mixers from the bars with ease?

Good morning KatiebelleCruiser, Unlike the other cruise lines you may have sailed on, Cunard treat their customers/guests like responsible adults. 

You will not have your bottle of Gin confiscated at embarkation , and yes you can purchase Tonic at any Bar with ease ( you'll find a bottle opener ,usually tucked away on the ledge in the mini bar fridge)