Deck 2 Jewel of the Seas

Beaferd

7 hours ago, cmich068 said:

I am in 2026 on Serenade next week so I can report back on noise, etc. Don't expect much though given how little public activity is on Deck 2.  I would prefer an inside but SO would prefer an oceanview so this is our compromise! 

Would love for you to report back. Pictures would be nice also.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:51 AM, Beaferd said:

Sailing March 2019 to Panama Canal on Jewel.  Got my guaranteed ocean view room and it is 2028 right next to the elevators. Never had a cabin on deck two so would like some input as to noise, what type of window, movement of ship, etc. Not a fan of our assignment but haven't been able to change.

1 hour ago, Beaferd said:

Would love for you to report back. Pictures would be nice also.

8 hours ago, cmich068 said:

I am in 2026 on Serenade next week so I can report back on noise, etc. Don't expect much though given how little public activity is on Deck 2.  I would prefer an inside but SO would prefer an oceanview so this is our compromise! 

Cabin Review

Ocean View

Cabin 2N 2506
Nice cabin with a decent amount of storage, fridge and small window. I had never been on Deck 2 before and I was convinced that it was the dungeon. But I was pleasantly surprised. We had a decent sized cabin with a window and it was on the same level as disembarkation so we did not have to wait for the elevator to go on/off shore. That was a nice convenience because this ship was in port every day (only one day at sea).

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Cabin Review

Ocean View

Cabin 2N 2506
Nice cabin with a decent amount of storage, fridge and small window. I had never been on Deck 2 before and I was convinced that it was the dungeon. But I was pleasantly surprised. We had a decent sized cabin with a window and it was on the same level as disembarkation so we did not have to wait for the elevator to go on/off shore. That was a nice convenience because this ship was in port every day (only one day at sea).

And for a period of time before the gangway would open at ports did you find it quite difficult to get to and from your cabin like I did? People would fill up the passageway because they were so determined to get off the ship as soon as they could.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:51 PM, Beaferd said:

Sailing March 2019 to Panama Canal on Jewel.  Got my guaranteed ocean view room and it is 2028 right next to the elevators. Never had a cabin on deck two so would like some input as to noise, what type of window, movement of ship, etc. Not a fan of our assignment but haven't been able to change.

We found deck 2 to be VERY noisy.... you will hear the waves hitting the hull quite loudly! 👎

42 minutes ago, Beaferd said:

Was lucky enough to. Change my room to one on the 3rd floor without any additional charge. So excited now for this cruise.

You will have the large round windows on deck three and still have the advantage of only one flight of stairs when returning from port so you can skip the lines for the elevators.

Enjoy your cruise!