Bernard’s Tours

Okie1951

We booked a private tour with Bernard’s in October for our arrival date on the Breakaway of November 2nd.  We paid the deposit by credit card.  Ten days later that credit card was compromised.  When we arrived in St. Maarten we paid the balance of the tour with a different credit card and five days later that credit card was compromised.  Contacted Bernard’s and they deny any responsibility.  This is too coincidental to have two different cards compromised by the same firm. Do not trust this firm!

• Thanks 1

Interesting....I booked an excursion with them for our April 2019 sailing and gave the $10 deposit via PayPal.  I cancelled this excursion back in September.  I waited and waited for the credit and confirmation of that cancellation.  Kept asking me for a confirmation number but was never given one.  He told me I would have to pay a penalty so to speak from PayPal. I called PayPal and filed a complaint.  I just got an email from PayPal that they have resolved the matter.  In my favor.  It's only $10 and that is not the point.  Maybe something just isn't right with this tour.  

I am sorry you had to go through this - too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 8:32 AM, Okie1951 said:

We booked a private tour with Bernard’s in October for our arrival date on the Breakaway of November 2nd.  We paid the deposit by credit card.  Ten days later that credit card was compromised.  When we arrived in St. Maarten we paid the balance of the tour with a different credit card and five days later that credit card was compromised.  Contacted Bernard’s and they deny any responsibility.  This is too coincidental to have two different cards compromised by the same firm. Do not trust this firm!

Did you pay online or over the phone? I was considering booking this excursion, but I definitely don't want to have credit card issues. 

The tour was okay except we had asked to be taken to a nice restaurant for lunch.  We were served drinks and after ordering food and waiting 50 minutes we were told they could not serve food because they had no power.   The island had a lot of hurricane damage that had not been repaired.