POM Embarkation and Disembarkation

gmbhardy

Just read a post from Bird Travels that states the Symphony of the Seas with its 6,300 passengers will be docked next to the Bliss at Terminal A. The traffic going into and leaving the port is apparently a nightmare. This really concerns me as I have two sailings on the Bliss in the next couple months with early flights out of FLL. Should I book later flights?

If you do self walk-off early, you'll be o.k.

We left our stateroom on the Symphony at 6:50 am on Tuesday and arrived at MIA at 7:30. Our exit from the Terminal A taxi stand took us right through the Terminal B pick-up area (there was no NCL ship in port on Tuesday). 

The Symphony of the Seas was christened on Thursday and will depart on her maiden voyage today (Saturday). Hopefully, the road construction crew for the brand new Crown of Miami Terminal (Terminal A) have been working 24/7 to get ready for the VIP christening event. We boarded the Symphony last Friday for a 4-night cruise and at 10:00 am, the traffic was backed up into the Terminal B area and it took us over 30 minutes to get from  Terminal B to the Terminal A drop off curb 200 yards away. If they get the road construction complete, the backup and delays should decrease,,, or not. 

The Bliss and the Symphony (largest cruise ship in the world) will meet weekly at Terminals A,B,C. 

If anyone wants a peek a the largest cruise ship, here's a link to our live post (you'll see our traffic warning in post #6)

If anyone wants a peek at the new Norwegian Bliss, here's a link to our live post from the Bliss

Edited by BirdTravels

It’s hard to believe that no one seems concerned with the opening of the new Royal Caribbean cruise terminal in the Port of Miami and what the ramifications might be for embarkation, disembarkation, transportation, parking etc.. I can’t imagine how the port can logistically handle the additional volume of people. We are on the Bliss a week from today, so I guess we’ll experience it first hand. If anyone is interested, I’ll report back.