Cabanas at the pool to rent

Schplinky

37 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

i emailed Lazar and asked  about the  blocking off of the walkway when someone is in a cabana and asked other questions as well:

The cabanas will be blocked on both sides/entrances, so people will not be walking trough Are the 2 chairs across from the cabanas part of the cabana or are they for anyone to use? This is correct, they are part of set up if you want them to be.

they are open 9-6  -cabana food available until 3.

The menus were in the cabanas:

7A12A1B2-D15A-40A4-BD47-35F6A5D89CF2.thumb.jpeg.65e7d3627fbb38dafe3c5dc8169770f9.jpeg

FADA636D-1419-4990-97C0-DA9CBEEA8039.thumb.jpeg.21129b2177233817e57547e41350373d.jpeg

C57AFBCA-B8D8-4E60-90F0-9B78E3346EAF.thumb.jpeg.b9fba336e43822f0ff64532a2999a8f2.jpegJ

8F59B687-7D59-4293-B75B-D3FC3BFF32A0.thumb.jpeg.f7ee8f277fa14e045a9fdc3f5d2918d9.jpeg

788E181C-AACB-4285-B64D-FEA8F54CFC28.jpeg

That menu appears to be the same one that is offered at The Retreat pool area.

55 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

i emailed Lazar and asked  about the  blocking off of the walkway when someone is in a cabana and asked other questions as well:

The cabanas will be blocked on both sides/entrances, so people will not be walking trough Are the 2 chairs across from the cabanas part of the cabana or are they for anyone to use? This is correct, they are part of set up if you want them to be.

A little disappointing but not entirely surprised about blocking the walkway. Hopefully in reality it won't be that big a deal for movement. But having it blocked off does make it more appealing to me anyway.

Edited by TexSea

26 minutes ago, TexSea said:

A little disappointing but not entirely surprised about blocking the walkway. Hopefully in reality it won't be that big a deal for movement. But having it blocked off does make it more appealing to me anyway.

Yes, I looked at it yesterday and it will mean people will go up steps ( maybe a ramp there too) to the left of the cabanas and around pool or go to the other side. 

The cabana concept wouldn’t work well without it being blocked though. People would be getting into the seats or would stop and ask questions. Lazar said the MC wouldn’t be there during that time so maybe less of a draw for people to want to walk through. It is the path to the Mast Grill but there are other ways to get there. 

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, vtcruising said:

VT -as usual, you are my HERO! Thanks for sharing this, the menu looks amazing -- so excited that the Luminae burger is on the Cabana menu, what an amazing treat!!!

And super happy to hear they will be roped off!

15 minutes ago, mit429 said:

VT -as usual, you are my HERO! Thanks for sharing this, the menu looks amazing -- so excited that the Luminae burger is on the Cabana menu, what an amazing treat!!!

And super happy to hear they will be roped off!

Hope you have a large mouth. Those things are humongous but sooooo good!😀

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 10:29 AM, vtcruising said:

J

Well, no vegan food, yet!

I will work on that before our sailing in Nov 2018!

:classic_biggrin:

bon voyage

21 hours ago, CanadianTourist said:

Will the 1/2 Cabana and Full Cabana receive the same items included?    Both will receive one bottle and 6 beers ?  Seems a bit silly to me!

This is what Laz responded about the 1/2 cabanas:

" Nope...

Same things are to be offered for any size of cabana you purchase"

We had a lovely day on Dec 2 ( first day ever rented) - they blocked off the traffic so it was peaceful. The second day they didn’t block off the ends so people we talked to said it wasn’t good. There were too many people walking by and sitting in the seats that are across from the cabanas ( that we were told us part of the deal). They talked to people and it may be changed back to blocked again - not sure. It’s a no win situation since it means sending people around the other way or having people pay $400 for an experience that doesn’t feel relaxing. Not sure the right answer. 

Anyway, the staff are so amazing and made the experience. There was a manager type person, a main waiter and 2 other waiters helping. I think 4-5 of the cabanas were booked that day. They wanted to make it a good experience for us!

We had lovely wine and lunch, delicious fruit skewers, cold drinks, 6 beers of your choice and cocktails with our drink package. There is shade and sun there and a lovely view - the MC didn’t arrive until 3 pm so could see out to ocean. We chose number 2 to have a little more privacy (1 and 6 are on the ends). We read, ate, drank and relaxed in the sun in comfort. The seating was very comfortable and roomy. 

The noise at the pool was minimal. Music was low and people on other side of wall were not loud. There are bathrooms close by.

One complaint I had was that they didn’t build in a place to charge devices - an oversight for this techno ship, I think.

if they block the ends, we would do it again with friends. I think it would be a fun thing to do with more people. 

Thank you so much vtcruising!  As always, you are THE best Edge poster (although there are many other great ones).  

I suspect that I will not have a drink package on my cruise which would make the Cabana (and the price) even more appealing to me specifically.  I appreciate having all the additional information and photos.

• 5 years later...

We enjoyed the 1/2 cabana for the two of us, although it was extremely windy! The cabana attendants were tripping over each other to get us anything we wanted and it was a pretty fun experience!5D866922-C850-45A9-BA0F-DC6E9DE896D9.thumb.jpeg.80b9f73b0d4ede7ce82ff934ee31accb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...