A Great Beach, Please....

Lovincruisin1321

I've read many posts about good beaches in St. Thomas.

Most say go to Sapphire Beach but I just read a post from six days ago that it was full of seaweed.

Dare I ask this question again....WHERE IS THE BEST BEACH that is clean with changing facilities, lounge chairs and a bar?

I need a good beach experience!  Thanks!

Sapphire only has seaweed sporadically and when seaweed comes to the Caribbean it is subject to affect many beaches. Most beaches with hotels clean away the seaweed early morning. The review you mentioned could have been for a section that isn't a part of the Sapphire condo area because beach maintenance is the responsibility of more than one entity.

Secret Harbor is another great option. There should be an active webcam so you can see current conditions. Sapphire may have a working webcam again so check for one there, too.

I was at Magens Bay on Tuesday for the first time and it will be where I return for a St. Thomas beach day. Beautiful and everything you want. Pelicans diving and fishing all around you. Saw schools small of fish. Calm water. Expansive beach There were 5 ships(over 19,000 cruisers) in Port and we were able to easily find a shaded quiet spot down the beach right next to a picnic table and shaded picnic area. Easy transportation there and back. Awesome and worth it

Amazing day. Was skeptical but it won us over. I have been to Emerald Beach and Coki also in recent years. Emerald was nice and had facilities and beach bar but small. Coki also small and more locals. Some might see it as a little sketchy but it was beautiful scenery. Lots of small beach bars and vendors.

If I had to rank

1. Magens Bay - had everything we could want in a beach day.

2. Emerald Beach (gets points for being close to port and cheap cab fare and facilities/palapas) beach bar has good food but a little pricier.

3. Coki - nothing wrong with coki, just not quite as much of a relaxation spot if that's what you want. Great if snorkeling and food is your priority

Edited by indie
Typos
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, indie said:

I was at Magens Bay on Tuesday for the first time and it will be where I return for a St. Thomas beach day. Beautiful and everything you want. Pelicans diving and fishing all around you. Saw schools small of fish. Calm water. Expansive beach There were 5 ships(over 19,000 cruisers) in Port and we were able to easily find a shaded quiet spot down the beach right next to a picnic table and shaded picnic area. Easy transportation there and back. Awesome and worth it

Amazing day. Was skeptical but it won us over. I have been to Emerald Beach and Coki also in recent years. Emerald was nice and had facilities and beach bar but small. Coki also small and more locals. Some might see it as a little sketchy but it was beautiful scenery. Lots of small beach bars and vendors.

If I had to rank

1. Magens Bay - had everything we could want in a beach day.

2. Emerald Beach (gets points for being close to port and cheap cab fare and facilities/palapas) beach bar has good food but a little pricier.

3. Coki - nothing wrong with coki, just not quite as much of a relaxation spot if that's what you want. Great if snorkeling and food is your priority

We have been to Megans Bay every time we have been in ST. Thomas, and it is a great beach. This year we have a snuba excursion at Coral World, so we are going to meet our husbands and children at Coral World after our excursion and walk to Coki, as it is right there. I am a little nervous though, as I have read recent reviews saying that it is dirty and sketchy. If we don't like the look we will hop a cab/bus to Sapphire Beach.