Celebrity Cruise Paris Shore Excursion

mary0

We will be on the Celebrity Reflection and looking at the Paris shore excursions from Le Havre. We have never been to Paris before and will only be there for maybe only 4 or 5 hours. Thinking about 'Paris Sightseeing without Lunch' which includes Seine River cruise or 'A Taste of Paris' which includes sights and a couple of hours on our own. Which tour will we see more of Paris? Do you know if we will just be riding past the sights on a bus or walking?  We are fine with walking. If anyone has any information or has experienced these tours, I would appreciate your feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

You should carefully review the excursion details.  Keep in mind that Paris is a huge city and most excursions do involve significant walks just getting to and around sites.  My opinion is that seeing Paris through a bus window is akin to a capital crime.  While a few hours in Paris is better then no Paris..this city really needs many days (and even weeks) to begin to truly understand and enjoy many of its

marvels.  Our first visit (about 30 years ago) was on a tour from LeHavre.  We have since returned numerous times (usually for a week) and have yet to explore  many facets.

Hank

• 1 month later...

Absolutely agree with Hlitner… Paris is not close to LeHavre so you'll be on the bus for more time than you'll have in Paris.

Just my opinion.  From LeHavre in the past we visited Versailles and it was a long bus ride to there and back... This trip going to stay in Paris for a few days and visit Versailles.  Wishing you the best.