2 women Alone in Mexico?

spiritgem

I will be on the NCL Star March 1st - I want to shop especially in PV with my mother and our 2 daughters.

Do you think this is safe? Catching a cab to the shopping districts and wandering around the shops?

Or should I wait for my DH to get off his fishing charter, so he can accompany us?

My sister and I went into downtown Puerto Vallarta by ourselves. No problem at all. We just caught a cab right at the port and he dropped us off right near the center of town. And then when we were ready to come back we just found another taxi and it brought us back to the ship. And believe me there are tons of taxis waiting to take the tourists back to the ships. And in the main shopping areas there are so many tourists that you don't have to worry about wandering around. You really aren't by yourself unless you wander way off the main streets.

It is very safe, no problems at all.

Make a fix-rate with the driver before taking the cab.

White cabs at the port are more expensive then the yellow ones on the highway down the road.

You may want to consider a city/shopping tour with Mazatlan Frank. We just did a city/beach tour with him. He is great and very reasonable priced. On the city tour, he took us to a unique gallery where I bought a decorative copper mask for my adult son. If you are interested, book very soon since Frank is very popular on this board.

http://www.mazatlan-frank.com/CITY.html

Archived