Royal Website - The hunt for the best fit

As we all know the Royal website is top notch...

I am always on the Royal site playing with options, dates, ships, rooms to find what fits our family of 4 (rooms that sleep 4(5) but with 3 beds so the kids 14 and 10 don't kill each other) our budget and our schedules.  I enjoy the research and it helps me determine when to book, at what rates etc.  Calling RCI is too time consuming when just doing research.  The issue is that the Royal website doesn't give accurate information (gasp! hard to believe) Today's example for a family of 4 I could only find a normal inside room, when I searched for  2 people instead of 4, a Promenade Interior room was available (sleeps 5 with 3 beds).  Changed it back to 4 people and the room disappeared. I assume if I called it would be available but alI I want to do is research all my options. Does anyone know a way to accurately see inventory? perhaps a 3rd party site? Again I know calling or using a TA would help but very time consuming to be looking at multiple ships, dates and room types.

4 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Are you using the US site?  One trick is to check UK site.  It seems to show all available rooms.

Also I noticed that some ships such as Mariner only has Promenade rooms for 2 people (whereas allure can hold 4).

This strategy helped me find my 3-person room for my upcoming cruise. Prices are shown in pounds, but if availability is what you want, this is your go-to site. Once you find the room you want, call RCI US or a TA to reserve. I called by TA and he was able to nab my ideal balcony in minutes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StevenClarkNB said:

Apologies, I am searching for rooms for 4 people that have 3 beds (they sleep 4 or 5 but I am searching using either 2 people or 4 people in my search criteria)

Understood, but Royal can designate a stateroom with a minimum occupancy number, and if that number is greater than 4, then you are out of luck seeing that stateroom on an end-user website.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Understood, but Royal can designate a stateroom with a minimum occupancy number, and if that number is greater than 4, then you are out of luck seeing that stateroom on an end-user website.

it appears to be doing the opposite, I search for 2 people it gives me a room that holds 4 or 5 (3 beds), I search for 4 people that room is not displayed.

43 minutes ago, StevenClarkNB said:

it appears to be doing the opposite, I search for 2 people it gives me a room that holds 4 or 5 (3 beds), I search for 4 people that room is not displayed.

What ship & stateroom is that?