GSC 1 or 2 cabanas?

cruisewithbaby

We are a family of 12, 2 families plus grandparents:at the time of sail we will have 1 8yo, 1 9yo, 1 10 yo, 1 16 yo, 1 17 yo, 1 30 yo, 4 adults in their 40’s and 2 grandparents. So far I booked 1 large cabana on GSC for our island day. It says it is for 8 and you can add 2 more guests for a fee. We are 12, so we would have to add 4 extra not 2. Is that possible to do, on board? At the island? Do you get a wrist band? I’m toying with do we need a 2nd cabana? Each family get their own and grandparents and the 30yo decide where they want to go. Or will it work out with 1? We will be there thanks week so I am sure it will be busy. The cabana was not cheap $425 after my discount 😮 last year there was only 6 of us, on RCL’s coco cat, and then 1 person stayed on the ship so it was just 5 of us. Also that cabana had a private lunch area and bar and was ocean front; these look to have no separate buffet? I think those were suite only and these anyone can rent? Bc also the last one, there was huge Evian in the cooler and they dropped off fruit plates etc randomly during the day. 

Long story long, would you get 2 cabanas? Keep the 1 (the same person that didn’t go to the island last time is with us again but says this time she will come to the island so who knows). 

Any advice?

I can almost guarantee the small kids will NOT want to sit in a cabana.....they (and their parents) will be out and about doing "beach stuff".  I'd stick with 1 cabana....the older folks may make use of it...the younger ones, not so much.