Pandaw Vietnam & Cambodia

suspaul

On 1/1/2019 at 2:24 AM, suspaul said:

Hi, we’re trying to get some info on the above company.  Can’t seem to find much but would love any feedback anyone has to offer.

TIA.

I did this trip in 2011.  Things have moved on since then - many more tourists and some rather better vessels than the Pandaws.  I dug out my old review which I published on TripAdvisor.  Do remember that this was an experience taken eight years ago.  -

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10703-k4186074-A_Pandaw_Down_the_Mekong_a_few_thoughts-Cruises.html

Thanks Fletcher for your honest review.  Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond, I had given up hope of hearing from anyone.

We did a similar trip, pre & post land and 7 night Mekong with Avalon Waterways 3 years ago and absolutely loved it.  We’d like to return to Vietnam but all of the cruises are too similar and after more reading I don’t know that Pandaw is for us.

our best bet is probably a land tour.

again, thanks.

I totally agree about the land tour, especially for Cambodia. It is very easy to organize yourself. Prices are low and there are lots of hotels and restaurants. Check on Trip Advisor.

On our own we visited Siem Reap (5 nights - could have been more), Phnom Penh (2); Myanmar (13 nights in Yangon, Bagan, Inle Lake, Mandalay and Hsipaw); and Vietnam (16 nights in Hanoi (3), on a junk in Halong Bay (2), Hue (3), Hoi An (6)) and I bet we spent no than on a river cruise.

If you can find me on Trip Advisor (same name and Avatar) send me a message with your email address and I will send you our itinerary.