Viking Sun Belize and Mexico Cruise

tonyd285

We are just off the Viking Sun and thought I would offer my perspective on the cruise.  The ship is beautiful, the food and dining service were impeccable, and the wine flowed freely with lunch and dinner.  We enjoyed Manfredi's specialty restaurant very much, the Chef's table, not so much.  The bar service was first-rate and the prices were reasonable for a cruise line.  The cabin and balcony were spacious and nicely appointed.  The bathroom was fine, especially the shower which was among the best I have found on a cruise ship.  The amenities were first rate as well.  The musicians and lecturers were very professional.  The shore excursions were well-planned and managed, although our guide in Merida was less than professional.  We especially liked the fact that the number of passengers on each excursion was kept to around 20 rather than the sometimes 40 or so you find on other lines.  The art collection throughout the ship was museum quality and I often stopped just to admire the many works displayed.

We wee less impressed with the cabin service.  We found trash under the desk which is less than acceptable on a five star cruise line.  Additionally, there was a large stain on the carpet in the hallway a few doors down from our cabin.  After three days I took it upon myself to ask at guest services if it was going to be cleaned.  This was handled promptly after I mentioned the problem.  I suspect the cabin attendants never reported the stain.  Both our traveling companions and I discovered charges for liquor on our statement which we did not order.  A complaint to guest services and the charges were quickly removed.

Embarkation and disembarkation were flawless and painless.  As was the well-organized transfer to the airport.

All in all, I would rate the voyage as a 4 and 1/2 star experience.

Dear @tonyd285,

Welcome home! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Cruise Critic community and are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time aboard Viking Sun.

Your commendations and constructive comments have been noted for review. Should you wish to discuss the details of your experience further, we’d be happy to hear from you at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. 

We hope it won’t be long before we see you again, tonyd285, as we look forward to the opportunity to provide you with a 5-star experience!

Kind regards,
Viking Cruises

3 hours ago, tonyd285 said:

We are just off the Viking Sun and thought I would offer my perspective on the cruise.  The ship is beautiful, the food and dining service were impeccable, and the wine flowed freely with lunch and dinner.  We enjoyed Manfredi's specialty restaurant very much, the Chef's table, not so much.  The bar service was first-rate and the prices were reasonable for a cruise line.  The cabin and balcony were spacious and nicely appointed.  The bathroom was fine, especially the shower which was among the best I have found on a cruise ship.  The amenities were first rate as well.  The musicians and lecturers were very professional.  The shore excursions were well-planned and managed, although our guide in Merida was less than professional.  We especially liked the fact that the number of passengers on each excursion was kept to around 20 rather than the sometimes 40 or so you find on other lines.  The art collection throughout the ship was museum quality and I often stopped just to admire the many works displayed.

We wee less impressed with the cabin service.  We found trash under the desk which is less than acceptable on a five star cruise line.  Additionally, there was a large stain on the carpet in the hallway a few doors down from our cabin.  After three days I took it upon myself to ask at guest services if it was going to be cleaned.  This was handled promptly after I mentioned the problem.  I suspect the cabin attendants never reported the stain.  Both our traveling companions and I discovered charges for liquor on our statement which we did not order.  A complaint to guest services and the charges were quickly removed.

Embarkation and disembarkation were flawless and painless.  As was the well-organized transfer to the airport.

All in all, I would rate the voyage as a 4 and 1/2 star experience.

12 hours ago, Viking Cruises said:

Dear @tonyd285,

Welcome home! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Cruise Critic community and are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time aboard Viking Sun.

Your commendations and constructive comments have been noted for review. Should you wish to discuss the details of your experience further, we’d be happy to hear from you at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. 

We hope it won’t be long before we see you again, tonyd285, as we look forward to the opportunity to provide you with a 5-star experience!

Kind regards,
Viking Cruises

Wow, this is impressive to know that VO management actually monitor the CC threads about their cruise line.  I have been a CC member since 2002 and this is the first time I have seen any cruise line management respond to s CC thread. This shows that you really care about what your customers have to say good and bad about your company. We are booked on our first VO cruise on the Viking Sea in 2020 and we are very excited.