Wine & Beverage Events on Oosterdam early Jan 2019

jb008

Attached is a copy of the beverage events with prices that were being offered on our recent Oosterdam sailing (12/29 - 1/5/19)

I only got the wine list for the Wine Festival event but they sounded like a pretty good array of styles and locales

Whites: Danzante Pino Grigio NV(?); Nobilo Sauv Blanc 2017; Seven Falls Cellars Chardonnay 2013; Bodega Piedra Negra Alta Colección Torrontés Mendoza 2017); Leonard Kreusch Piesporter Michelsberg Riesling Kabinett, Mosel, Germany NV (?)

Reds: Clos du Bois Merlot California 2014; Bodega Cuarto Dominio Lote 44 Malbec, Argentina 2017; Chateau Smith Cabernet Sauv, Washington State 2015; Grant Burge Shiraz, Barossa 2016; Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Villages, France (Vintage unknown)

Beverage Events-Cropped.jpg

I like the look of the Sip & Savor.   On NS I was very disappointed with it.  A small taste of something, unexplained, by someone in uniform (never figured out exactly who she was) and offered a small glass of red or white, had to get up and find the wine bottle to know what you were drinking.

In the past, the Cellar Master would participate, explain choices, etc.  If the Pinnacle Grill chef is doing the appetizers, that sounds nice, too.

The shops also did some liquor tasting, very small samples but free!  I tried a cinnamon whiskey and a liqueur one evening, nice way to taste stuff I'd never want to buy a full shot (or bottle!) of.

They organized a Johnny Walker tasting (I didn't attend to know what or how much was poured) as a separate event in one of the lounges.