Yoga and cruising

cementhands

I started to cruise at age 40. Now I’m gonna turn 64. It dawned on me that yoga that I’ve been practicing since I was 54 has given me many benefits onboard. I practice many types of yoga. Gentle healing to complex flow yoga. 

There are some benefits to cruise life. Yoga increasing your balance I never have that moving ship feeling when I return home and I would sometimes feel like that for weeks when younger.

Others complain about this.

Another benefit is digestion. I usually do yoga in my room at night legs up the wall helps with swelling of the ankles from salty cruise food. In morning I do many poses to loosen back and increase circulation.

I know many will say they hurt to much to try yoga. I’ve got a spinal fusion L4-5 with bone graft and 4 screws etc. Rotator cuff inoperable. Acl tendon right leg gone.

My point is that I started yoga to not get worse and it worked wonders. Great for maintaining proper weight.

Yoga is a massage to your inner organs with great benefits. Find a gentle healing yoga to start and your troubles will be over.

Namaste.

I have to say I agree with you. I do many types of exercise, and to be honest with you, I'm not much of a straight yoga person. I love kettlebells and always bring a couple of them with me anywhere I go. However, more and more at our kettebell gym, we find ourselves incorporating yoga into our routines. We usually have "active rest" periods between heavy lifting exercises and many of these acrtive rests are becoming yoga based. It really does make a difference in the way you move and feel!