B2B2B on Royal Princess, MSC Seaside and Celebrity Equinox. A comparison review.

MikeyA53

• 9 months later...
On 1/27/2019 at 5:48 AM, MikeyA53 said:

We are planning another B2B2B for November 2019. We prefer to cruise on a different ship every time we cruise, in other words we do not like to repeat the same ship twice. We looked at Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean (never been on RC) Norwegian, Holland America and Carnival. We prefer cruising out of the cruise capital area of the world (Miami & Fort Lauderdale). It makes it easier to combine cruises together. When booking a ship we look at the ship itself (Prefer newer ships), the prices and the itineraries. We wanted to include another Celebrity ships if possible but because most of their ships do not stick with a 7 day schedule (The length of their cruise keeps changing from week to week) it was not feasible to include them. The ships we looked at from Norwegian and Holland America were too expensive and Carnival was not a good fit.

Finally we booked a 7 days cruise on Royal Caribbean Allure of the Sea leaving from Fort Lauderdale on Nov 3, 2019, with stops at St. Kitt, St. Thomas and Coco Cay. Then on Nov 10 we embark on Regal Princess for a 7 day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale to Princess Cay, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Finally on Nov 17 we take an Uber to Miami and get on MSC Meraviglia for a 7 day cruise to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Grand Cayman Islands, Cozumel and Ocean Cay.

However, approximately 6 weeks after booking MSC Meraviglia we got a notice advising that our 7 day cruise had changed to a 4 day and a 3 day cruise with only Ocean Cay as a port for each cruise. They offered us $100 OBC for the inconvenience but we declined and cancelled. We then booked Crown Princess leaving on Nov 17 for a 10 day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale to Bonaire, Curacao, Grenada, Dominica, St. Thomas and Grand Turk.

Overall we are happy with the change, all three cruises are leaving on three consecutive Sundays out of Fort Lauderdale. Fortunately we have an aft cabin on Regal Princess  with a large balcony and on Crown Princess we also got lucky and got a balcony cabin on the Caribe deck which has large balconies compared to the other decks.

Bye

1190534264_IMG_1210(2).thumb.JPG.c470bd4126ffe3a29b3f9efbb38f360e.JPG

I haven't been around CC in a while, but something made me do a search for you and I was glad to see you had another B2B(2B) review. As usual I enjoyed it and see that as I'm wrapping it up you've just set sail on another! Great! 

Oh and like someone else said, glad to hear the kids are doing well. Bizarre to think I've been reading your posts on and off for nearly a decade and know CC appreciates your efforts and consistency! 

Edited by Gig103

4 hours ago, Gig103 said:

I haven't been around CC in a while, but something made me do a search for you and I was glad to see you had another B2B(2B) review. As usual I enjoyed it and see that as I'm wrapping it up you've just set sail on another! Great! 

Oh and like someone else said, glad to hear the kids are doing well. Bizarre to think I've been reading your posts on and off for nearly a decade and know CC appreciates your efforts and consistency! 

Thanks Gig

Just came across this review today for the first time.  Absolutely AMAZING.  And timely for us as we will be boarding the Equinox on Saturday for the first time.  Hope you are enjoying your current cruising season, and I look forward to your review.  (from a fellow RCMP retiree from "O" Division) 🙂 

Edited by High C's