Getting form Milan to Genoa

Findo

Hi I’m doing this on Friday this week, our 1st time .. we’re flying into bergamo airport and plan to catch a bus onto Milan central, we will stay over night, we then catch a train from the central station ( pre booked) at 9:10 arrive Genoa 10:42 into piazza principe (cost 40E for two 1st class ) from there we hope to walk to cruise terminal. 

We’ll see if it al goes to plan . 

From my research the train seems the best route , there seems to be a train at least once an hr with various price from 9Epp

our train is intercity 659 

I cannot speak about research but can certainly talk about our own experience.  When faced with a similar situation (after flying into Malpensa) we spent 2 nights in Milan (enough to convince us to never spend another night in this city) and then took the train to Genoa where we spent one night before boarding our cruise.  We do have a friend who spent many years traveling to Milan on business and he loves the city.  So I guess one should plan a couple of nights in Milan so they can form their own option...which is what traveling is all about.

Hank