Which ships offer a brighter interior than the Escape?

mickeymouselam

Hi all, Having sailed on the Escape and personally loving that ship with all the activities and options I would sail on her again in a heart beat! My Mother on the other hand preferred the Dawn for the lightness of the interior of the ship. She felt that the Escape was too dark on the inside. Are any of the other ships such as the Bliss or Epic lighter in the inside, or are they just as dark as the Escape?

If not are there any ships that might offer a few more bells and whistles while offering Mom her lighter interior?

Thanks in advance

Lauren

The big difference is probably an high atrium. Which al new ships don't have. Epic is quite enclosed/inwards, probably the most of the whole fleet. Bliss/Joy/Encore feature an amazing forward facing lounge which Escape hasn't.

NCL bells and whistles fleet by class is:

Epic class:
Epic

Breakaway class:

Breakaway
Getaway

Breakaway Plus class:

Escape
Joy

Bliss

Encore

7 hours ago, mickeymouselam said:

Hi all, Having sailed on the Escape and personally loving that ship with all the activities and options I would sail on her again in a heart beat! My Mother on the other hand preferred the Dawn for the lightness of the interior of the ship. She felt that the Escape was too dark on the inside. Are any of the other ships such as the Bliss or Epic lighter in the inside, or are they just as dark as the Escape? If not are there any ships that might offer a few more bells and whistles while offering Mom her lighter interior? Thanks in advance Lauren

So the thing that makes the bigger ships seem darker is the fact that they are wide. And in order to maximize the number of things to do (bells, whistles), they line every inch of hull with rooms vs. the small ships where they use walkways with windows. But, the escape offers the waterfront which is a nice way to get outside and enjoy being at sea.

We would chose the bigger ships (even though they are darker inside) because of the bells and whistles. 

The Bliss, Joy, Getaway, and Breakaway are siblings of the Escape and the interiors will be the same. And the Epic is close to the Escape (distant cousin).