Tell me what I don't know about Neptune Suites

dundeene

I would still check with the front desk once on the ship to verify.  That Big Box TA has been known to not abide by those terms in practice, but there are lots of caveats to that.  The ship will know and be able to tell you.

5 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

I would still check with the front desk once on the ship to verify.  That Big Box TA has been known to not abide by those terms in practice, but there are lots of caveats to that.  The ship will know and be able to tell you.

Do we need to go to the purser desk, or can the concierge in the Neptune lounge tell us?

In June, we will be taking our 6th cruise booked through Costco, it will be our 44th cruise overall, and our 10th with HAL.  Here is our OBC experience:

I have never been told on any cruise line that some or all of the Costco OBC is non refundable, nor has that ever been the case for us. 

Neither HAL nor Costco has ever given us options of how we want any unused Costco OBC refunded.  It is usually refunded to the credit card that we used to book the cruise.  One time we were given the refund amount with a Costco card that was mailed to our home address.

Although I don't know specifically, my guess is that the cruise line returns unused Costco OBC back to Costco who then distributes it to their customers.

On all of our 9 cruises with HAL, all non refundable OBC has been used first by the ship's accounting dept. for onboard expenses including auto tips.

I was on the phone with Costco today since the cruise price dropped since we booked. That's a different story, just got more credits and a $200 in beverage cards that should show up in our room on the day of embarkation. 

What I did find out I can confirm what you said above (to a point).. if there is $25 or less left re: OBC, you can get that in cash before leaving the ship. Over $25 it will be put back on the CC used when paying for the cruise. 

What I can't get a straight answer on is what do I get back using my Costco Exec membership. Everyone has a different answer. 1% up to $1000 of the cruise price 2% up to $1000 of the cruise price 1% for the amount paid, no one knows.  I guess it's a wait and see.  Not like I can change it now, but it may decide if I want to book through Costco again in the future.

Also you're 100% right about the fact that the HAL OBC gets used 1st, then it hits the Costco.  With leaving tips on the OBC it will eat up 1/3 or more of the OBC anyway. 

Cls241:  We received Beverage cards, like you, due to a price adjustment by Costco.  We did a Xmas cruise on Eurodam in Dec. and were given the beverage cards when we checked in before boarding.  I thought that was a nice touch.

Edited by JudithLynne

Just now, JudithLynne said:

Cls241:  We received Beverage cards, like you, due to a price adjustment by Costco.  We did a Xmas cruise on Eurodam in Dec. and were given the beverage cards when we checked in before boarding.  I thought that was a nice touch.

Very nice, that would be helpful, I did not want to chase them around for the cards 🙂