Disembark early in Victoria BC

My family is doing an Alaskan cruise and recently someone suggested we disembark in Victoria BC, instead of Seattle the following morning.  I was wondering who's done this and if they recommend it?  What did you do after disembarking?  Did you run into any issues?  We are definitely interested in hearing anything you've got to say about it!

Thanks everyone!

Just request and confirm with the cruise line ahead of time (as in a few months before the trip starts).  I've seen pax doing this, and know people who have done this (they live locally, and stayed for dinner, disembarking after).  Of course, you can disembark earlier.

The only potential and possible hiccup is the ship missing the stop due to winds or other factors. My house provides a view of the harbour and last summer, I noticed at least two ships missing the port stop due to winds (one was HAL's Amsterdam) and one because a passenger had gone overboard (RSSC ship).

Agree with cruising cockroach. No regulatory issues with disembarking early, however I would have it confirmed before the cruise. Also, on boarding, I would confirm with the Purser's Desk.

Victoria has Customs at the dock, as our son worked a season on R/T cruises from Seattle, calling at Victoria. He took a bottle ashore every week and got checked every week.

Don't forget to book a hotel early, as they fill up quickly in the summer. When in Victoria in the summer, I used to stay at the Royal Scot. Older, but reasonable rates and big rooms.

Missing Victoria, or changing to a technical arrival, where nobody gets ashore is a potential issue. The season our son called into Victoria every week, I believe they missed the port twice.

• 2 weeks later...