Private Driver

Sharobson

We are looking for a private driver for the day like we have found on other islands.  We want to stop and snorkel at Cemetery Beach, Smith's Cove and Macabuca, stopping for lunch and at any other local places to our liking.  We have our own snorkel equipment. I haven't seen any posts or anything on Trip Advisor that people have used any one.  I found one service, Majestic Tours, but it is quoting almost $500 for 4 hours to do this.  It's odd as we have found recommendations and great private drivers/guides on all the other islands we have visited.  Does anyone have anyone they have used?  Thank you!😎 

Do you really want/need a private driver?  The bus system is pretty damn good...$2.50 pp to most of the beaches and other areas.  You can google Grand Cayman Buses....and find routes and such....some places might be a bit more than the $2.50 if you're going further afield.

Thank you for the information.  We are a family of 4 and will be carting all our snorkel equipment and I'd rather not have to plan and wait on buses carrying that load, as we want to go a bunch of places.  I've actually found someone who will spend all day with us (5 hours), take us to all the places we want, plus a local place for lunch and give us the local history of everywhere we go for a very reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...

We are a group of 16 that will be stopping in Grand Cayman on a cruise in December.  Can you share the information you found?  I think it would be better for us to arrange private transportation to the areas we want to visit.

On 2/12/2019 at 12:18 PM, Sharobson said:

I don't know if she handles groups that size, but it is Jackie's Tours & Transport.   http://jackieshistoricallandtours.com/.  She has great reviews and has been emailing me back and forth to tailor the day to what we want.  We go next month, so I'll for sure write a review if everything goes well!

Thanks for her info, I am going to see if she is available.